You know you would have done the same.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
SCORE!!!!

Woke up this morning in a turkey induced haze and couldnt decide what to do with myself. So I figured Id check out Ebay and see if there was the off chance that someone listed something on a holiday weekend that I just had to have .

And they did, and I bought them.

Got myself a nice SXL, very clean with some carb issues for $55.00!

It Got even better as I scored a 550 also very clean with some carb issues for..............Are you sitting down?...............Wait for it................

:dizzy: $55.00! :rockn:

Both from the same seller, and these were his BIN prices! I love this guy!:clap:

Holy crap, what am I going to tell my wife?:jawdrop:

I promised her I would sell at least three saws before I bought one more and here I went and bought two, and Im not ready to sell any of the others.:cry:

You would have done the same, wouldnt ya?

RaisedByWolves said:
Holy crap, what am I going to tell my wife?:jawdrop:

I promised her I would sell at least three saws before I bought one more and here I went and bought two, and Im not ready to sell any of the others.:cry:

You would have done the same, wouldnt ya?

Have them shipped to a buddy's house. Then have him casually stroll on over with the two saws. Be sure your better half is present. Prepare a nonchalant statement for him beforehand about how some poor old widow was going to throw these old junk saws in the garbage and how he (your buddy) saved them from the landfill. Since he is close to you he knows all about your saw fetish and he wondered if you would like them. You just look at him with kind of a stunned look on your face and say "Why sure! Thanks!" Play it out. Go to Mike Acres site and "research" these old saws in front of your wife. Put the saws aside and take her out to dinner. Play with your toys later. Good luck.
:popcorn:

I've got another one. Assuming you can get the saw shipment before your wife gets home or if you can have them shipped to your job or a friend's house. What needs to be done is for you and your wife to be in the car together on trash night. You need to be driving down the road when out of the corner of your eye you think you see a chainsaw sticking out of a trash pile waiting to be picked up. You back up and hop out of the car to investigate. "Look Honey, someone is throwing away two old Homeys. I can use these for parts!" The tricky part is to make sure you can grab the saws before someone else does. A friend hiding nearby to set the saws out and text messaging to let him know you are on the way might work.:popcorn:

This reminds me of the thread I started a few months ago.

I think it was something along the lines of "How many saws do you have, how many saws does your wife think you have"

I think alot of us do it. I'm with raisedbywolves on this one, I can't remember how many times I've said "I'll sell at least two more before I buy another one" or "more saws? no chance I've got enought to keep me busy for months"

But how can you pass up a bargain...

The main thing is to keep em all the same colour. My wife can't tell one orange saw from another.

hmmm....i feel bad for you Raisedbywolves...no wifey should ever tell her hubby he can't have something if you have the money for it and it isn't taking food off the table...you only live once....is there anything that she has a fetish for and constantly is buying that isnt really "needed"? If so, it's only fair she doesn't get those things either....sounds to me like you got a very very good bargain anyway...people who dont know much about this hobby don't understand the value of this machinery and the chances to buy it at a much cheaper than normal price is silly to pass up....if i were you i would take one of your least favorite saws and hide it....or two....and tell her you sold them and got two others in trade or something like that.....have a friend hold them for a while and then have the "customer" return them or send them back a few weeks down the road....but not at the request of the return of the others...ta da...more saws for you....no angry wifey....stinks it has to be that way though....

Wait a minute dont get me wrong here.

She said sell some before buying more, it wasnt a decree, and I obviously didnt listen. I dont even think I agreed, I dont rember cause football was on the radio and I was elbow deep in saws at the time.

All I have to do is mention that I provide the heat for the winter and she drops the issue

Besides, their coming in the mail and Im home when the mailman comes, itll all work out.

Im sure I can find one or two to part with, but Ill just use the money to buy more saws.:D

RaisedByWolves said:
Im sure I can find one or two to part with, but Ill just use the money to buy more saws.:D

Oh that is just terrible. now you are starting to sound like me....

I have a ton of saws, but don't have much many in them, because I'd sell one for more of a profit and it eventually leveled out. kinda like my new 660...I only have 350 bucks in it, honestly. I paid more than that for it, but sold my other one on ebay. Took the money from the sale and I made a couple hundered on it... Anywho all said and done I had a 660 with 3 tanks of fuel threw it for $350 bones... of coarse that was probably a once in a lifetime deal....Wainting for some kind of dealio like that on a 440.....

One must follow the dictates of conscience, whatever the consequences.

Err..I mean

A man has got to do, what a man has got to do!

Urbicide said:
Have them shipped to a buddy's house. Then have him casually stroll on over with the two saws. Be sure your better half is present. Prepare a nonchalant statement for him beforehand about how some poor old widow was going to throw these old junk saws in the garbage and how he (your buddy) saved them from the landfill. Since he is close to you he knows all about your saw fetish and he wondered if you would like them. You just look at him with kind of a stunned look on your face and say "Why sure! Thanks!" Play it out. Go to Mike Acres site and "research" these old saws in front of your wife. Put the saws aside and take her out to dinner. Play with your toys later. Good luck.
:popcorn:

Urbicide is definitely on the right track. The "Buddy System" works for more than just swimming. Have your buddy come over with your newly acquired treasures while your wife is there and ask you if you would do him a favor and "work on them" for him... and somehow they just never seem to leave! The next time your buddy needs to buy some forbidden fruit, you return the favor! I can tell you from personal experience it works with computers, so why wouldn't it work with saws?

Big Al

How much of a man is it that has to lie to his wife over a $50 saw? Guess you all can't get too upset about shoes that multiply and don't fit the owner's story, huh. :biggrinbounce2:

You brought up shoes..

My wife will buy a new pair , and when I ask she will swear she has had them for years..Funny how the tag will withstand a years of use on the bottoms aye?LOL
I just smile and say thats fine Imelda..
I figure if it is not moeny needed for bills who cares.. can't take it with us

ericjeeper said:
My wife will buy a new pair , and when I ask she will swear she has had them for years..Funny how the tag will withstand a years of use on the bottoms aye?LOL
I just smile and say thats fine Imelda..
I figure if it is not moeny needed for bills who cares.. can't take it with us
If you lie about shoes and saws, how much else are you lying about? You know, they don't have milkmen anymore. :hmm3grin2orange:

i never lie to my wife about buying things, i just don't tell her anything she doesn't need to know. Also if its an expensive item that needs to be paid for with the credit card my mate pays for it on his and i give him the cash, that way it never shows up on any bank statements, and no i'm not scared of the wife, I'm terrified of her:laugh:

Back