Young vs Old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrunner8545

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a new saw, MS261 and boy is it nice. But I also have my dad's 028 super, he's getting a bit old for all that work. Now it has a 20" bar on it, what are specs for a 028 is that about the max size for that? the 261 and the 028 seem to be nearly the same saw and he's had his for 25 years and he bought it used. saws.jpg

Congrats Nice purchase I like the 261
The 028 looks in good shape i don't know that much about them I think they made 3 different power versions in them I'm sure someone will let you know. Be smart. Be safe.

I've got an 028 super witch I belive was the one with the biggest engin. 47cc I think . It pulls the 20" chain ok definitely not a speed demon . I like it better with a 16 . 20 seems to be it's useful limit for shure . They are built like tanks and last along time if cared for. Mine was givin to me by a elderly farmer. He tought me on the saw when I was verry young . He passed it to me when his knees and hips made it extreamly painful to cut his own firewood . He bougt the saw new in the very early 80s . Still has the original top end . Best of luck with your new saw .

"Keepin em sharp keeps em safe" -some ol guy
abuqyqed.jpg

Latest posts

Back