Your chain sharpening station

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mifirewoodguy

I live off of 2 stroke gas and fresh cut oak.
Reaction score
I just bought my Oregon 115ax and a chain breaker and rivot spinner, anyone have any ideas on a chain sharpening station or pics of theirs. Need some ideas so I can build it right...Thanks...Lee

I think you will find is helps to mount the grinder high enough so you don't have to stoop too much to have a look at the chain while you are working on it. I sat down on my shop stool (as opposed to a bar stool) and made my grinder stand/cabinet high enough to work comfortably sitting down. I put the bar rail grinder on the same set up to keep all the grinder residue in one area.

196992d1314576583-dscn4567-jpg

For my breaker and spinner, I mounted them together on a piece of MDF with a cleat so I could clamp it in the vice to make it portable. I have to bed over to use the breaker but you don't do that as often and checking cutters when grinding.

196993d1314576587-spinner-2-jpg

Mark

Last edited:
Nice setup there mark. I sharpen my chains on the saw in the vice.... I dont cut a whole lot so that works for me. I have a breaker and spinner but dont have them mounted yet.

Back