Your favourite tool brands

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up with the quick release style, and have other brands of similar ratchets, so to me I know instinctively which way I they go.. I dislike the new style craftsmans, they're way too tall and clunky.
The other reason I love the flying V is that when your holding it with your hand near the head and turning fast, it's way less common for you to accidentally bump the lever into the dreaded neutral position, where its neither tightening or loosening.

I found this one in one of my toolboxes when I was cleaning up several weeks ago.

View attachment 451002
That's the 3/8" drive which has an annoying lever, it's hard to switch one handed. The 1/2" version has a longer lever. It's still a nice BE, would clean up nice! They're a little more rare than the circle H.

After spending 10s of thousands of dollars in snap on tools. I'll say anything that has a lifetime warranty that I can easily exchange (no shipping or wait time) and isn't priced ridiculously. $100 for a ratchet is insane but when you feel how smooth they are it's worth every penny. I'm a mechanic so I need decent tools at hand everyday.

Regards-Carlo

Yeah I agree. When I was running a tool room we dropped Snap On for that exact reason.
Got tired of tool replacement being near impossible. Shoot it got so bad I couldn't even get the tool guy to show up for us to BUY stuff.
I have a fair amount of Snap On at home (bought when I had a good discount). I've ended up throwing out a few broken tools. I'd have better luck finding a unicorn than the tool truck.

Yeah I agree. When I was running a tool room we dropped Snap On for that exact reason.
Got tired of tool replacement being near impossible. Shoot it got so bad I couldn't even get the tool guy to show up for us to BUY stuff.
I have a fair amount of Snap On at home (bought when I had a good discount). I've ended up throwing out a few broken tools. I'd have better luck finding a unicorn than the tool truck.

Call customer service... They mail it to you.

@166 Wow, that's a lot of Snap-on tools.. but the flashlights don't look any good.. Get a Cliplight flashlight!

I have some of most brands of tools that were ever made. I prefer Milwaukee for electric tools, Ingersoll Rand for air tools except for aircraft use I like the Sioux palm drills, I have some Snap On stuff but only a few specialized items that they make better than anyone else and used stuff I picked up cheap. For the most part, I think their tools are way overpriced. ie, can get equivalent quality for a fraction of the price elsewhere.
I do look for older USA made tools when at estate sales or flea markets. I like Vice Grips, Channellocks, and Ridgid for pipe wrenches. I only buy those brands for that type of tool because they're better.
There's so many tools out there that vary so much in price and quality that it's important to match the need to the choice.

Back