Your First Saw Purchase...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First one I bought was a used 036. Great compression and runs like mad. I doubt I will ever get rid of it. Maybe someday I'll buy a new new saw! :ices_rofl:

Homelite Super 2, siezed her up afetr about 3 years and bought a new Husky after that

My first saw a Husky 55 Rancher, it run great, still does. I use it for fire wood Oak, Maple, and what not. My buddy brought a 365 over and it just smoked my 55, beat it like a red headed step child.

Then I found this site, it confirmed his douting praise of the 372, he bought the last one from the local saw shop. That started my quest of keeping up with the Jones, along come Christmas, "Baaam" got one for a present.

Now I just received a 394 badly warned and abused, a project saw, another term I new nothing about until I come here...

First saw I bought was a 1995 Dolmar 120si...it's still my primary saw,cut about 5-6 cords of firewood a year with it.I just picked up a second one as a project saw.

an 026 purchased in 94 or so. I just got rid of it a few months ago. That was my only new saw purchase. I got the saw bug last year. Bought the 346xp after I broke the handle on the 026. Fixed the 026, then I bought umpteen other saws. I never used the 26 anymore as the 346xp is basically the same saw, but more comfortable to me. I don't know if I'll buy another new one or not.

Way back...

I bought my Mac 110 in 1978 at the age of fourteen, with money made from cutting grass. I still have it. It still runs just as well as when it was brand new.:)

First purchased, 028super in like-new condition at estate auction in '88. 19 yrs later stihl running like a champ, but doesn't look like new anymore. First new, 036 first couple years of production('93ish) great saw stihl runs like it did freshly broken in. My Stihls have never let me down, but have lost a couple in the line of duty from blunt force trauma.:cry: I've always been a Stihl guy, but recently have been adding a little of the other orange to the stable. I'll probably need a couple shades of red before I'm done as well........:dizzy: :chainsaw:

This place is hell on the "disposable" income.:bang: :bang:

An old Shindaiwa 500

Bought used for $100. Ran her for 20+ years until I dropped her and she broke. I've yet to purchase a new saw. I've had several given to me over the years. Mostly older folks who no longer use them and appreciate a free load of wood from time to time.

Really?

I am amazed no one has named the wild thing as their first saw. I will admit it. My First saw was the Poulan Wild Thing. AKA the 40 CC terror. I used it for 7 years for general Homeowner cleanup work. It still runs but it is rarely used.

Stihl's
2, 023's 1, 029 super 2, MS 290's 2, MS310's 1, MS440BB DN 1, MS 460BB Dual Port, 7, 066 mags 1 stock, 2 woods ported 4 projects,,,,

You trying to compete with Ultra? If you'd got that 066 from me you'd be tied right now!

first saw

old rebuilt stihl o38av paid $100 for it sold it three years later and got my $100s back.then bought unloved pawned mccullochs. the old girls are still my very loaner saws.

first saw i ever bought--and new---olympyk 254 elec--then traded that for a 264--much better---now have many more--but bought used--and cleaned up and redone----woohoooo-----im sure more to come as i find them!!!!!!!

1st chainsaw

It was 1973, and it was a littlt orange Montgomery Wards electric on sale for $19.99 and it seemed like a big step up from limb loppers that required three cuts to get through each palm frond.

jomoco

First saw

My first saw was a 041 bought used in 87. Traded it even up for a new 011and bought a 034 which I still have and now have a ms460. Used my first Dolmar yesterday and now its got me thinking.:help:

Shipper

I'll join the Wildthing club. It was the first saw I actually bought, and for what I was heating at the time, it served my firewood needs pretty well, bought it in 2001 and it's still running strong, sounds kinda funny next to the 041 and the MS361, but my wife runs it and likes it.

First Saw was a 1983 028 AV WoodBoss with very little underside paint damage and supposedly original 18" Bar, picked it up second hand 2 years ago.
Was owned by a farmer who died about 6 years ago, bought it from his widow (I was renting a house from her at the time and it was in the garage) and it started happily with the 4+ year old fuel!
I'll never part with it until I leave a widow to sell it on to another good home.

Latest posts

Back