Your first?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevy4thewin

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What was the first chainsaw you ran/owned/purchased? This should be a fun thread :popcorn:

The first chainsaw i owned was given to my but my gramps, a little homelite XLII which i still have. First saw I purchased was my MS440 Mag.

First ever ran was a Clinton D-35. First purchased new was a Stihl MS440.

first saw i ran was a homelite Xl-12 first saw i bought was a third hand echo 500vl . . . i still have both . . . the homelite comes out when i feel nostalgic and the echo is retired on the top shelf.

1983) xl 12 homelite followed by c5 , then c52, then 041, then sxl 12 all used with a few shorttime inbetweeners. First new ended up Stihl 034 super,( shorttimers-xl925 used,mac610,032,02?, ) about 1991. About 10 to 12 years later Husky 55 new, then back to used about 20 mostly Stihl, a few Sachs Dolmar, Echo, xl12, etc. buying,selling& trading up to my current starting line up. At Center:ms 660.,1 forward 044, the other forward DCS 6401, guard:026 the other guard 019. I use subs regularly though, lately 034, 028super,etc... All at 25 to 1 fuel to oil, run a pro mac 700 today and my eyes must be getting dim since I couldn't see smoke comming from the muffler. Sorry if I got off the topic. I'll stop.:dizzy:

Last edited:
Ran: Jonsereds Raket 621.

Owned: Partner 351 (Poulan 2150).

Edit;
Oooooooops - forgot the Army P55 that I ran for a few minutes in 1979 or 1980.......

Last edited:
Ran either a Poulan model 25 or a Homelite XL my dad had both and used them when we cut slabwood to heat our house growing up in the 80's.

The first saw I bought with my own money was a Stihl 044.

First saw I bought new was a Pioneer P-10. That was back in 1978 I believe. It was a good little saw and I still have it, although it hasn't run in several years.

Mine was a McCulloch thing, MAC-10 or similar. It died ages ago so I can't remember. Homelite SUper XL auto next. Still wondering if I could bring it back to life. Would be nice to do that. hmm.

1st saw for me was a PowerMac 310 back in the early 80's. Still runs. It sat outside under a junky carport for years. Got snowed on a few times sitting there. Got it out a while back and went to dump the gas out and wow! It looked as thick as honey. Believe it or not.....put new gas in it and it starts and runs.

First saw I ran was a POS Homelite 330 . Hated that saw! First saw purchased was a Pioneer P41 that I later traded for a new Jonsered 535.Wish I had the old P41 back:(

XL given to me was first. Lost spark so picked up a new 455. After that was a 365 SP from an auction and a Makita DCS-401.

Stihl 039 bought new and was my only saw for probably 15 years. I used it to cut lots of firewood during those years. I never had one problem or complaint with it......until I came here. Then all of a sudden it wasn't good enough:cry:

the first saw i ran was a 029 in 2005
then for my 16 birthday (last november) i got the 2094 from my grandfather:greenchainsaw:

Back