Your Most Expensive Single Tree Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchux

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was just wondering how much some of you guys have grossed on a single tree? I've never been able to get more then $3500 for one tree.
Prices in my area are pretty low compared to other parts of the country. :cry:

$40,000
For a single oak. It was an emergancy tree for the county. They set the hourly rates. They then turned the whole process into a circus which ran the time way up.

I was just wondering how much some of you guys have grossed on a single tree? I've never been able to get more then $3500 for one tree.
Prices in my area are pretty low compared to other parts of the country. :cry:

woodchux, where in the south are you?

I did 15,000.00 on an oak through a house.

With zero access for anything but a mini, And the ride out to the truck was a 15 minute trip each way.

I once sent one to a friend because it was in his town and about 1.5 hrs from me. Ended up bein a 15k tree i believe. But that same guy once came to my aide on a sunday when i should've been at home. My chipper had rolled after an almost head on collision, snapped the pintle and all. He brought me a new pintle out in the middle of nowhere. Helped me get home too. He's been a friend for 18yrs and i plan on 18 more and no 15k job can take that away!

I once sent one to a friend because it was in his town and about 1.5 hrs from me. Ended up bein a 15k tree i believe. But that same guy once came to my aide on a sunday when i should've been at home. My chipper had rolled after an almost head on collision, snapped the pintle and all. He brought me a new pintle out in the middle of nowhere. Helped me get home too. He's been a friend for 18yrs and i plan on 18 more and no 15k job can take that away!

I think I remember you telling us about your chipper accident and your friend helping you. Gotta hold on to those good friends. :clap:

last year in june what was that, a big oak it was. was in a backyard couldnt get no trucks to it. there was only an alley next to the garage about 3ft wide by 20ft long had to drag all the brush through and logs. tree was about 100ft had to climb. was right over garage, house, fence on back side and power and phone line right under the tree. took a week to cut down and had to lower every single peice of brush and all the logs down by rope. $17,000. customer wanted the stump ground out but couldnt get to it. tree was a pain in the a**

9500.00 pounds sterling. Very unsafe huge leaning Black Poplar no one else wanted to do it it was rotten as a pear and 120ft (plus) tall, sat in water, three stemmed, one had to be climbed and dismantled, and the rest came down in one. I started my face cut (which I was making at the bottom of an embankment) then after about a few inches a hole in the back appeared so I left it small. I then climbed to the top of the embankment. It was to wide to do a boring cut so I made a series of progressively deeper back cuts and started to fell it about six inches into the back cut the root system collapsed and down she came. It was an awesome job.

Everything was left on site as 'snake cover' including about a ton and a half of Ivy we had to remove before we even started on the tree.

Funnily enough I found the photos of this the other day, and marked them for my wife to scan so I could post them.

Funnily enough I found the photos of this the other day, and marked them for my wife to scan so I could post them.

Id love to see them pics.

Largest sum Ive recieved was 8k plus tax. A large beech took 2 long days. There isnt many trees in my area that would take longer than a few days to remove. Not sure Id enjoy spending a week to remove one tree.

Id love to see them pics.

Largest sum Ive recieved was 8k plus tax. A large beech took 2 long days. There isn't many trees in my area that would take longer than a few days to remove. Not sure Id enjoy spending a week to remove one tree.

You will John. The Avatar photo is the Butt of the tree but to be honest that doesn't do it justice. I couldn't stand far enough away to take a single photo it was so tall and wide so I had to take three. The worse part was bringing down the one stem knowing what was (or wasn't) holding me up. The stem was five foot in diameter 30ft up the tree the trunk was 6ft across, and more at the base. my bowels loosened a little when I saw the rotten junk that had been holding me up. I knew it was bad but didn't know exactly how bad because it was sat in water.

It took six of us four days to process and leave at the side of the lake. We had to move all the timber with Turfor winches and cables as the nearest track was half a mile away it was basically along a footpath. We accessed it via a huge garden that it stood at the bottom of.

I think mine was also a 35 hundred dollar tree.

Just a week ago I gave a bid on this hu-hu-huge silver maple :dizzy:.
They wasn't home, so I left the bid in the door. 5000 bucks with a note below saying sorry.

LOL don't tell my wife but I could care less if I get it.

Last edited:
How about the largest I didn't get? For one of my customers I told her $6500 for a huge Oak over 2 houses/fences etc. that got some serious wind damage 1 year after we deadwooded it.
I also apologized about the price , because we would have had to rent a crane and I told her who to call that has their own cranes and seem to beat everybody on price...........they came in at $3500.00. I really didn't even want to do it, the trunk was almost 5 ft. across for most of the first 50 ft.
She said they showed up with just a reg. crew and chipper truck, guys barely started before they stopped and called another crew with the crane....Don't think they profited on that job.

I don't even remember what the biggest single tree was, maybe $2500.00? Usually have multiple trees to work on.

we took a huge american elm down for 6500 year before last, we were swamped with work and i really just threw the number out there, Got the job, me and the boys did it that saterday and i gave em 750 a piece, Note to everyone:cheers:; that is how you keep the same crew around for 10 plus years.

$4200 for one tree but I also did one for $3500 and another for $2800 on the same job. 10.5 total. The job consisted of a 3' dbh Hackberry swayed back over the house and split, a 3 1/2' dbh Silver Maple that sprawled over two houses and another Silver Maple 2 1/2' dbh that was hollow and rotten to the core. Used a 64 ton crane on all three. Had all of the climbing done in 10 hours as well as most of the wood and all the brush hauled off. Returned the next day and spent a half day watching my guys haul off the rest of the wood.

Its not the biggest money tree here but the other day we removed a tree in 45 minutes and charged 900.00 bucks with three guys. I think jobs like that make me the most happy , i wish that i could find ten a week that would awesome no wear and tear on the equipment and men.

Its not the biggest money tree here but the other day we removed a tree in 45 minutes and charged 900.00 bucks with three guys. I think jobs like that make me the most happy , i wish that i could find ten a week that would awesome no wear and tear on the equipment and men.

Those are the best, especially if the HO is not home. They help make up for the big money jobs that cost you even bigger money.

Nice :clap:...Been a minute but yeah I've had those jobs.

Notch and drop out front with a claw truck?

Latest posts

Back