Your Most Expensive Single Tree Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Notch and drop out front with a claw truck?
nope even better a fallen pine, but the thing is when the tree fell the stump looked like a octopuss with roots like 10 ft. in the air . The ground was real wet and i thought it would be a real :censored: to flip that stump up since the tree was down for three days. When i made that flush cut that :censored:stood right up and fell back in the hole by that time the guys had already chipped it and were starting with the wood, i took our loader in case i needed to right the stump, they loaded 60ft. of lumber in eight pieces , by the time that was done the stump was done it was real easy because the ground was so loose . I grabbed a check and was on the road in an hr. and 15 minutes door to door. The best was the guy stayed home from work, we were done so fast he was only like two hr. late he was so happy .:dizzy:lolol

$3,500.00 @ R J Reynolds' sister's house, White Oak. Of course there was a different owner at the time.

Yeah it's crazy ain't it. We tree guys do amazingly difficult, complicated, and dangerous jobs for these figures that we speak of and i know car salesmen, etc. that make close to the same just on commission by merely showing a product and merely signing some papers. Really pathetic society when the harder workers that actually earn their keep, get the least admiration and respect. Thumbs up to all of you.

9500.00 pounds sterling. Very unsafe huge leaning Black Poplar no one else wanted to do it it was rotten as a pear and 120ft (plus) tall, sat in water, three stemmed, one had to be climbed and dismantled, and the rest came down in one. I started my face cut (which I was making at the bottom of an embankment) then after about a few inches a hole in the back appeared so I left it small. I then climbed to the top of the embankment. It was to wide to do a boring cut so I made a series of progressively deeper back cuts and started to fell it about six inches into the back cut the root system collapsed and down she came. It was an awesome job.

Everything was left on site as 'snake cover' including about a ton and a half of Ivy we had to remove before we even started on the tree.

Funnily enough I found the photos of this the other day, and marked them for my wife to scan so I could post them.

Thanks for posting the pics...

Id love to see them pics.

Largest sum Ive recieved was 8k plus tax. A large beech took 2 long days. There isnt many trees in my area that would take longer than a few days to remove. Not sure Id enjoy spending a week to remove one tree.

I hate to be on the same jobsite more than a day or two..

Yeah it's crazy ain't it. We tree guys do amazingly difficult, complicated, and dangerous jobs for these figures that we speak of and i know car salesmen, etc. that make close to the same just on commission by merely showing a product and merely signing some papers. Really pathetic society when the harder workers that actually earn their keep, get the least admiration and respect. Thumbs up to all of you.
Yeah what's up with that? :dizzy: Alot of people put us in the same category with the lawn guys. :rolleyes:

How often do they risk their lives cutting grass all day?

We do get customers see what it takes to do our job and have a different perspective of what we do afterwords.
More than half my customers tell me I'm an artist at what I do.

That always feels good huh? Another repeat customer to add to the list.

Man you guys get big bucks compared to here I guess the most for any one tree for me was a huge liquidambar over a green house had to be climbed total cleanup 2500.00 stump included stump was 68" across.

Man you guys get big bucks compared to here I guess the most for any one tree for me was a huge liquidambar over a green house had to be climbed total cleanup 2500.00 stump included stump was 68" across.

3500 is very rare for me, although ive heard of other trees locally going up to 15K. i cant usually get more than 1500 for monster water oaks.

3500 is very rare for me, although ive heard of other trees locally going up to 15K. i cant usually get more than 1500 for monster water oaks.

2500. is friggin maybe a ten year deal they would have wanted 25000 to do it there probably the green house could not with stand nothing ya know! Large trees rarely go over 750.00
here and if they do they are worth 25000 in other areas of the country.

We have terrible access (no bucket, crane or loader access at all) which makes jobs take many times the amount more than if they were accessable. Not unusual on bigger jobs to spend a whole day or two dragging.

Id love to see them pics.

Largest sum Ive recieved was 8k plus tax. A large beech took 2 long days. There isnt many trees in my area that would take longer than a few days to remove. Not sure Id enjoy spending a week to remove one tree.
TAX? :monkey:

TAX? :monkey:
What you don't charge sales tax watch out i just gave the state of new jersey 11k for the years of 04 and 05 and half of 06. I had no idea that we had to pay sales tax on pruning work, I know that removals with stump are a capital improv. so thats not taxable .

bid a job about an hour from home, figured high to be able to get rid of chips and big wood. think it was about 10 k on around 10 trees. gave the bid to them and they said do it and by the way we want the wood and chips.

Wow, I bid low.

I have taken down some big trees. 100ft pine, 60ft oaks with crazy spreads. Biggest one was 8K. It was 8 approximate 80ft pine trees with many leads and limbs the size of an average pine. I could've got a lot more but the homeowner needed it done for insurance purposes and it was the slow season.

What you don't charge sales tax watch out i just gave the state of new jersey 11k for the years of 04 and 05 and half of 06. I had no idea that we had to pay sales tax on pruning work, I know that removals with stump are a capital improv. so thats not taxable .

You must know that any income you earn is taxable unless you live in New Hampshire. Can you explain to me about the capital improv.? I'd like to hear about that because I pay taxes on everything.

Taxes

New Jersey taxing services is ridiculous. How is a tree removal considered a capital improvement? Do you replace it with a patio? This link is a good resource for cursory tax info, certainly not the only resource to go by though.

http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/pub/services/online/default_07.html

3000K for removing one multi-dominant stemmed Ash in between yards, 10 hrs/ 900.00 for two hours of solo pruning and countless jobs that barely covered expenses.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back