Your next saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigbadbob

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I would like to play with a 066 or bigger. I really like my 044. Have an 044 project saw, may play the cyclinder a bit before it goes together. The brother said he has two more dead saws coming for me. He can't tell a red one from a orange and white one, so I have to wait to see what they are.:D

stihl 440

stihl 440

Addicted to ArboristSite

The next saw I'm gonna get is a brand new husky 385xp, then a new 361, then a new 660 then a new 441, then a new 2171, then a new 575xp, then a 7900. Plus who know what else I'll get.:clap: :hmm3grin2orange:

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Depends on how the current inventory does between now and when I have the money and need. I'd like to have a 7900, but really have no real need for one that big. I think the next saw to bite the dust is going to be the 346 and without a doubt, the replacement for that one is going to be a muffler-modded 5100S. If my 361 needs replacing (hopefully not within the next 5-8 years) I think I will step up to a 70cc class and it'll be modded in one form or other also.

Ian

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I NEED a 60cc saw, but I won t buy a 361, just because ( I want to be different) but have yet to find anything to my likeing other than a 262 (Which I cant affored). So I think I am hosed!

kevinj

kevinj

Whatarya, Goofy?
No problem there Kevin.Simply look in the shed behind the residence of Mr Rourke and Tatoo.;)

Hey Ford,
Good idea !
I'll bet Mr. Rourke and Tatoo, have milled many of palm trees together.
On that island of theirs.
I can imagine their wood shop. All these stacks of milled wood.
Until one day, Tatoo yells out, " Look. Look. The planers coming.The planers coming."

:monkey:

saxman

saxman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I want to try my hand at a big saw rebuild, like an 056 Mag II. I have no great need for a saw bigger than my 441 but I always liked the older, slower turning, torque monsters of earlier times. I have looked on flea bay but have not found a suitable 056, I will just keep my eyes and ears open. Anybody got any leads on one for me??

rahtreelimbs

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
. AS Supporting Member.
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
At this point in time I have too many saws..............gonna try to curb the buying for a while!!!

This was a previous post that I made, although I have been getting a lot of pleasure from resurrecting dead saws for next to no money............will have to see where this goes!!!