You're opinion of best saw EVER.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you have the same problem as me, either blown up or as inconsistant as heck?

Actually it wasnt a bad saw (it was a flat running saw) just didnt give me the WOW factor like the 361 did the first day I ran it...

361 makes me smile everytime I hit the throttle....

361/372 both do this for me...

I just dont see how that saw gets the fans on here that it does...

There are alot of better saws out there....

yes, you are.....this is America (for most of US--for better or worse until the next election!!).

Yes, the 372 is a great saw...... but with only .5hp more and over 1lb more weight than a 262.Please send me every 262 you can find and I will gladly pay you 10x's the amount you think they are worth. Heck, look at Ebay and see what others think of the value of a 262 vis a vis its original cost.

Better check your numbers bud....

262 12.8
372 13.4

over a pound?

Looks like approx 3/4 of a lb to me....

Actually it wasnt a bad saw (it was a flat running saw) just didnt give me the WOW factor like the 361 did the first day I ran it...

361 makes me smile everytime I hit the throttle....

361/372 both do this for me...

I just dont see how that saw gets the fans on here that it does...

There are alot of better saws out there....

The one I ran flat out screamed, most of the time, then it had a few off days, and occasionally blew up!!!

Better check your numbers bud....

262 12.8
372 13.4

over a pound?

Looks like approx 3/4 of a lb to me....

No, I'm not going by factory specs. I am using actual, observed numbers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Best saw ever?
Gotta be something in Nikos' stable,

For their day, you couldn't beat a XL 12 or a 10 10.

They were the original one saw plan fo sure.

I have never cared about weight really, my vote is for an 070/090 or a 440 you cannot kill them

Just like any other saw, drop them under a truck/tractor tire, from a tree or straight gass them and I guarantee they'll be dead, at least temporarily. I don't care about the weight either, I've had saws in the past weighing far more than todays modern saws.

Just like any other saw, drop them under a truck/tractor tire, from a tree or straight gass them and I guarantee they'll be dead, at least temporarily. I don't care about the weight either, I've had saws in the past weighing far more than todays modern saws.
I think we are talking about normal operating conditions not throwing saws from trees or treating machinery like a jackass lol...
But yes by all accounts they would die by these methods

I have been running chainsaws for a little better than 47 years, used a good many makes ,at one time I thought there was nothing better than a Sachs Dolmar 116 and 120 super but since around 1990 I have run Stihl 044& MS440`s more than any other saw. It might take an entire page to list all the saws I own but I have most of the Stihl PRO lineup and for my type of cutting the 440 is still my go to saw.

I have been running chainsaws for a little better than 47 years, used a good many makes ,at one time I thought there was nothing better than a Sachs Dolmar 116 and 120 super but since around 1990 I have run Stihl 044& MS440`s more than any other saw. It might take an entire page to list all the saws I own but I have most of the Stihl PRO lineup and for my type of cutting the 440 is still my go to saw.

Jerry

Did you start using a saw at 7 or 8 yesrs old? ;-)

I've been running saws for 31 yrs. and it's hard to beat the 440 or 361 I run both. I had a 372 nice saw as well but didn't stand up as well as the Stihl. I absolutely hated the 262 Husky, center heavy screechin thing,ugh tired me out listening to it. From a while back I'll throw in the 630 Jonsered pretty darn good saw at the time.

The 125cc McCullochs from the 797 to the SP125. They cut many of the biggest trees on earth, very few other chainsaws can make that claim.

Very true, there is such a broad range of saws & uses. A completely different world of logging on your coast, we can make the odd mistake here & live to tell about it,you guys out there make one it could be your first & last !!

346/372.
Only two you'll ever need.

262 - greatest ever. Also best horsepower to weight ratio.

Well, it's not a 361. Everything that can be said about the greatness of the 361 can be said of a 262. It is a stronger saw, with only a couple of ounces of extra weight.

I answered a similar question a couple of weeks ago and said that a 262 would be my favorite for a one-saw plan. If you ask me the same question a week later I might respond 7900. It would also be hard to argue against including an 044/440 on the single-saw plan list.

To me it is hard to find a saw that epitomizes saws and has a more iconic status than a Mac 125.

Agree with everything said here.

I would have a very hard time picking just one saw anyway. Right now I find my 5100/7300 combo (for what I cut, where i cut & how I cut) hard to beat as a two saw plan.

Latest posts

Back