You're opinion of best saw EVER.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakes12002

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what everyones take on the best saw of ALL TIME is. If you want to break it down from brand to brand that's cool too.

abb.sized.jpg

Just my opinion...

So what tops your list then? :msp_confused:

Well, it's not a 361. Everything that can be said about the greatness of the 361 can be said of a 262. It is a stronger saw, with only a couple of ounces of extra weight.

I answered a similar question a couple of weeks ago and said that a 262 would be my favorite for a one-saw plan. If you ask me the same question a week later I might respond 7900. It would also be hard to argue against including an 044/440 on the single-saw plan list.

To me it is hard to find a saw that epitomizes saws and has a more iconic status than a Mac 125.

I hate to say it, but you really need to think about that one.

A very good saw, yes. But I don't think it would even crack the top 10.

Well that's your OPINION....and I am allowed to have mine...

And the thread title says "YOUR OPINION"....

Personally I wouldn't give you $1.00 for a 262...the 372 is 10X the saw of the 262...

I love my 372 but I like the 361 just a tad better...

272/372, 262 when not blown up, 357 Not in order but all good IMHO. I had a couple of XL12's and I ended up using a old Sears saw instead when I started out cutting. No love for the XL12 here. As far as the 1 saw plan either the 372 or 357. CJ

Last edited:
And I would like to make it clear that I owned a 262xp and cut firewood for 2 seasons with that saw from brand new...

Thats the only saw I have NEVER wished I had back....

Well that's your OPINION....and I am allowed to have mine...

And the thread title says "YOUR OPINION"....

Personally I wouldn't give you $1.00 for a 262...the 372 is 10X the saw of the 262...

I love my 372 but I like the 361 just a tad better...

yes, you are.....this is America (for most of US--for better or worse until the next election!!).

Yes, the 372 is a great saw...... but with only .5hp more and over 1lb more weight than a 262.

Please send me every 262 you can find and I will gladly pay you 10x's the amount you think they are worth. Heck, look at Ebay and see what others think of the value of a 262 vis a vis its original cost.

Back