youtube crane accident.. no decking under outriggers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got no sound on my computer right now, so I may be missing something. But,...
Doesn't it look like the pads under the "rescue" crane are insufficient? They don't appear to increase the surface area of the outrigger "feet" by very much?

I noticed that too.

The grammar and spelling skills shown in the video were about right with the rest of the professional skills in the video.

:buttkick: :buttkick: We can all learn by watching their video. Mistakes give us all a chance to learn. The end result of "Safety Violations" costs us dearly. Owners, employees , their families & business suffer thru the acts of a few. They did seem to have decent equipment. Let's face it, safety should be a priority & not mandated. I love making it home in one piece.:clap: :clap:

sometimes it doesnt make all that much sense to go as big as you can. lol

I would say never. Technically every lift we make is a "critical lift" and should be a fraction of the max loading for position and extension. I cannot remember if it is 30% or 10% or whatnot.

Other factors are handling on the ground. They have to be able to manuver it so that they can process it efficiently. I've told of the time the climber did an 8000# pic, just because he could and ruined my yarding plan.

:censored: prima donna punks :laugh:

crane accident

old chipmonk you are right on all of the safety violations.there is one other thing to notice the right front outrigger was not fully extended and that was the first to sink.i am a certified crane operator and one thing you never do is set up a crane like that with out all the outriggers fully extended unless the laws there are not the same as in virginia

Latest posts

Back