Youtube's the Chainsaw guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if he does internet sales of used sales other than through ebay? Maybe through calling the shop or so?

Yep, Rich is one of the good guys. He goes by Saw King on ebay sales. If you call his shop plan on buying a saw because he is running a business and doing a pretty good job. I wish I could call some of the knowledgeable people on here that I have only communicated through the keyboard.

Yep, Rich is one of the good guys. He goes by Saw King on ebay sales. If you call his shop plan on buying a saw because he is running a business and doing a pretty good job. I wish I could call some of the knowledgeable people on here that I have only communicated through the keyboard.

The reason I ask is because they flash the shop number on Youtube all of the time. The audience obviously isn't just the Pacific Northwest.

Last edited:
By all accounts, he's a good guy. I think he's down there near Roseburg, OR.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lKQ7IK-8UnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rich is not a member here if memory serves me right. He hasn't got the time to answer the typical questions that he would get bombarded with on a chainsaw forum. You can only be asked "how do I mod a 40cc saw" so many times... :laugh:

He moves a lot of saws and always starts each auction off at .99 cents. He also typically only deals with saws that will make him money. He can probably be credited with the term "muscle saw"... since that is what he always put up on his auctions of the big bruisers in the early days.

Gary

thechainsawguy is not the same person. His name is Dave instead of Rich and he lists Vancouver Island as his location

Rich is not a member here if memory serves me right. He hasn't got the time to answer the typical questions that he would get bombarded with on a chainsaw forum. You can only be asked "how do I mod a 40cc saw" so many times... :laugh:

He moves a lot of saws and always starts each auction off at .99 cents. He also typically only deals with saws that will make him money. He can probably be credited with the term "muscle saw"... since that is what he always put up on his auctions of the big bruisers in the early days.

Gary

Yep- Rich is the original muscle saw guru. He started building custom saws when he was still in high school in the late 60's and he's forgotten more about small engines and saws than I'll ever know in my lifetime, and I started working on saws and small engines in 1987.

There's a member here with the user name thechainsawguy, registered April '06. He doesn't post much, most recently in the Simonizer thread.

As noted already, Saw-King and "Thechainsawguy" are two different people. Both are excellent to deal with. Rich refers to himself as the chainsaw guy in his youtube videos because it's a generic term that people can relate with. He's actually a very humble, easy going individual for the most part and does a lot of community outreach and volunteer work here. Him and his wife have served on the school board, they help put together community fundraisers, and they stay active in the church.

Latest posts

Back