Zama 1cq liimiter caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk27

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody familiar with removing/adjusting limiter caps on this carb? It appears to be a magnesium cap that is completely enclosed?

its plastic on a 200T. I melt em off with a small nail heated cherry red. Never seen a magnesium cap but could be. Shiny and black 1/4" diameter?

C1Q-EL19 on your 2139T?

Should be standard husky plastic judging by my IPL. Those ones are a bugger. I would try to just trim the tab part that blocks rotation using a small sharp blade. I bent the needle on a 357 trying to get those stupid limiters off

Some of the Zama c1u carbs use splined jets. Looks flat on the outside but look around the edges. There are four or five other odd ball shapes for instance another style looks like pac man. I cant remember all the names but know we have the tools for them. You can use a red walbro cap or a wiring butt connector to remove the jet and then notch the top for a standard screwdriver with a hacksaw or a dremel. If you decide to remove the jets, do one at a time so you dont mix them up. Your probably going to have to take the carb off to get a closer look.

Yup it is on the 2139t.It metal as it is getting chewwed up w/carb screw driver. The retainer is metal also and is part of the carb body. No plastic at all.

Yup it is on the 2139t.It metal as it is getting chewwed up w/carb screw driver. The retainer is metal also and is part of the carb body. No plastic at all.

Did you find a solution to this? I assume it is like this one from my 338xpt...

View attachment 198222

2011-09-07-Carb338xpt-IMG_0843.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to remove the air/fuel mixture screws on above carburetor? Zama C1Q-EL33A

Latest posts

Back