Zama Carb Diaphram

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NPKenny

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just replaced the rubbers in a Zama carb for my 6401. The kit has two diaphrams; a clear/fiberish one and a black rubber one. I am assuming one is a surge diaphram and is best used on a primer bulb set-up. Which is which and what diaphram should I install. The carb had the clear diaphram when I tore it down but the IPL looks to illustrate the black rubber one.

Thanks.

I always put back in a carb, what came out, assuming it wasnt some Ghetto-rigged hack job rebuild by the previous Tech.

in some kits on the fuel pump (bottom) you are stuck with going with the one that matches the flippers and port hole arrangement,, or what came out,,,,some are clear blue or kinda mesh fiber as you describe some are black,,, because the kit is normally for several carbs,,,, the metering diaphram is most always black rubberbacked cloth with a metal disk!!!!! :givebeer:

Last edited:
in some kits on the fuel pump (bottom) you are stuck with going with the one that matches the flippers and port hole arrangement,, or what came out,,,,some are clear blue or kinda mesh fiber as you describe some are black,,, because the kit is normally for several carbs,,,, the metering diaphram is most always black rubberbacked cloth with a metal disk!!!!! :givebeer:

Yup, and make sure you set the pop off and lever height on the Metering valve if you replaced the Arm, needle, hinge, etc.

The card on your 6401 is a Zama C3M which is the the same carb on the 6400,7300 and 7900 on the metering side of the carb there should be 1 rubber gasket inlaid with a limp nylon iner diaphram and a with a small perforated round scape
IM000819.jpg

On the top of the card you need both the rubber gasket and the fine mesh filter
IM000820.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back