359 port timing numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of people say if it's not broke don't try and fix it , but I'm like most here and say if I can improve it and make it better I will and anything worth doing is worth doing right :surprised3:

Fired her up for a minute and thought I had fly wheel tight enuff but never over tightened it because I wanted to take it off again after I had her running for a sec it came loose and broke the key off :angry:also the clutch can sure go across the floor in a hurry too :mad:lol both lessons learned but is the fly wheel with the key broken garbage now or can I put it on real tight???

Took the fly wheel from my other one for now but the saw is a new beast completely different saw put a smile on my face hope she holds up.

Want to say thank you to everyone who's helped me on this and what a great site this is, and a great group of people, I have learned a lot but only touched the basics yet in understanding how and where the changes I made make a difference To get the very most out of it.
I am now a true member of arborist and a follower of all to learn and gather as much information as you are willing to give up.:cheers:
:barbecue:Lol thank you guys

Fired her up for a minute and thought I had fly wheel tight enuff but never over tightened it because I wanted to take it off again after I had her running for a sec it came loose and broke the key off :angry:also the clutch can sure go across the floor in a hurry too :mad:lol both lessons learned but is the fly wheel with the key broken garbage now or can I put it on real tight???
May be asking for crank thread damage? I would find a used one. Maybe you could grind a precise groove in the bad one and use a regular woodruff key. Many mods include a little advance ignition timing;)

May be asking for crank thread damage? I would find a used one. Maybe you could grind a precise groove in the bad one and use a regular woodruff key. Many mods include a little advance ignition timing;)
Thanks I could put a key in there. Advancement lol was the reason I didn't really have it tight I wanted to try her first then advance to see the difference.

After I get my other one done I'm gonna tear her all down and clean her up put in new crank bearings and seals and the intake boot didn't look very good starting to crack where it goes into the cylinder so I'll replace that one too

Anyone know anything about the fly wheels on the 359 I was looking to buy one for the one I broke the key on but for the g model there's 2 different part numbers, this one is an 03 with part number 503921802
My other one is a 07 with part number 503921803 according to parts list Both of mine have the heated carb I never noticed the part number on the 07 when I put it on but the broken one is off the 03 and is 503921802 number the 03 has the thermostat on top of the carb but was never hooked up the wire was just sitting under the carb and the 07 doesn't have it

Back