Help choosing a 70 cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Muskrat Man

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Over the summer I'm planning on thinning 50 acres of hardwood as part of a management plan. I'm thinking a 70 cc saw would be a good choice to go with my 550 xp. I would also use it for larger firewood.

I'd prefer to find a used saw (maybe 372 xp or 044?) for less than $600 if that's realistic. I would spend more for a new saw, but everything in that size range looks really high. BTW, I have a dolmar dealer and lots of Stihl dealers around.

I'm not familiar with the used saw market or new saw market for that matter, and I was hoping to get some ideas on what saws I should be considering and what used prices are like. Thanks

If you know what you're looking for and/or have a reliable seller and have time to shop around, you should easily be able to find any number of very good 70 cc saws. I run a MS461 and really like it. It was very powerful stock and now is uber powerful after full woods porting. Anyways, you should be able to get into a very good 372, 441cm, 7910, etc. used. Keep us updated.

I had a helluva time selling a really nice 2171 (Jonsered version of 372xp) in the Tradin' Post for $525, so if you want a nice used 70cc saw, it should be easy to find a decent saw in the $600 range. $750-800 should get you a really nice used ported 70cc saw.

Which 70cc saw to get is like asking what woman should I marry.:surprised3:
I would keep an eye on the tradin post for somethin.
Fair enough Termite. It was a poor choice of title for the thread. I'm mostly just looking to get an idea what some good solid used options would be and what prices are like.

Latest posts

Back