Inquiry from Mrs. Claus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nuff said!

20141117_102909_zpsg4tjkokz.jpg

$1170 for 241c here.. and they are going up in price next year:crazy2:
$1300 for a 201T but aussie dollar dropping like a lead balloon getting from the states is slowly becoming less attractive.

man brad, if that was my dealer those guys would have given me a free saw already just to shut me up. LOL no matter what a dealer says don't listen. i've never met a dealer that didn't blow smoke everyday except one. my buddy's over at the saw shop say they make 40% on parts and 20% on the units they sell. this was a mistake for them to tell me this cause now i get 20% off on parts and 10% off on saws. i believe them about the 40% but for some reason i feel they are full of it when it comes to what they make on the saws. i can't stand to go into a saw shop, gun shop, marine shop and hear them say "the mark up is big on these things". the guys who say this are absolutely full of ****. i negotiate everywhere i go cause i know as long as these guys are making money they wanna make the sale.

I thought about suggesting to my dealer that they should sell me a MS241 at dealer cost, as a thank you for the $45K I've spent there the last two years. That wouldn't be too much to ask would it?:rock2: BTW, the majority of that was 201Ts!
If you bought that amount of saws from me, I'D probably give you a 241 for Christmas.

man brad, if that was my dealer those guys would have given me a free saw already just to shut me up. LOL no matter what a dealer says don't listen. i've never met a dealer that didn't blow smoke everyday except one. my buddy's over at the saw shop say they make 40% on parts and 20% on the units they sell. this was a mistake for them to tell me this cause now i get 20% off on parts and 10% off on saws. i believe them about the 40% but for some reason i feel they are full of it when it comes to what they make on the saws. i can't stand to go into a saw shop, gun shop, marine shop and hear them say "the mark up is big on these things". the guys who say this are absolutely full of ****. i negotiate everywhere i go cause i know as long as these guys are making money they wanna make the sale.

well said. I'm going though this right now, with a shop where I've bought saws & parts. Went into get a quote on a new saw I want and like always they quote me full list price, I asked for a 10% discount, No they said. Went to a 2nd shop I've never been before (they dont know me from Adam) they give me a quote 10% less right off the bat and I didn't even ask. Went back to the 1st shop with the quote, still no. Guess where I'm going to buy one at?

they ARE a dealer. then make a deal with them. shop around.. go to a different dealer and say . i buy 20k of gear a year.. what can you do for me..or become a dealer.:rock:

Latest posts

Back