Monster beech removal next to castle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done Pascal.

My biggest crane pic was an entire Euc at the zoo that weighed 14 tons using a 120 ton hydrocrane with steel wire rope chokers.

Keep up the professional crane removal work mate!

jomoco

No, but it was a memorable day nonetheless, since the euc I took in one 14 ton pick, crossed over a fair sized rubber tree, ficus elastica, just a few feet off the ground. So once the euc was gone, the whole ficus leaned over a bit more, enduring forces it never had prior to the euc's demise. So after a short conference with the head honcho of the zoo's arboriculture dept, I rigged and picked the entire ficus tree in one piece too, whereupon the head honcho took over and had the CO maneuver that entire 28 inch DBH ficus, dripping white sap profusely, over across the moat and into the African Elephant pen, where Danny quickly unhooked my rigging and got the heck outta there just before about 13 trumpeting elephants arrived and ate all the brush off that entire tree, down to 2 inch wood, in about 15 minutes flat! That elmer's glue ficus juice running down their chins n necks, as their eyes rolled back in ecstasy.

Dang shame it wasn't videoed to my knowledge.

Here's a similar size euc removal of mine, at the zoo, in the rain, with a 120 ton crane.

I had my choice of hardhat or two way radio to the CO that day, I chose the latter obviously.

jomoco

Back