Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of Poulan top handles, this newest addition to the Easter egg collection followed me home from my Stihl dealer today. Saw it sittin' next to the building and asked him what his plans for it were. He said, "Give it to you since no one seems to want to steal it....(laughing)." Last one he saved for me was a Dayton re-badge in decent shape. Knows I have a bunch of em. Still waiting for a nice Ridgid version.

Aside from the little crack above the muffler this one will clean up real nice. Fuel line is still even intact, tho I'll replace it just because.

I have one of those with a brake. It was happily living in a dump and my buddy rescued it for me. Most of the Micros had the bare cylinder and chrome piston. Mine has a plated cylinder, bare piston. you should get more compression out of that one if it's so equipped.

PP180 small.JPG PP180C small.JPG

bf603b924bff6dc7ab0b219d1b75ef91.jpg
7a7922c5407ecf40b97943d0255264dc.jpg
9535157cccf4c200d85b4e6a289286b1.jpg

Cleanup and save or replace again. Saw was running good before I took it apart to fix oil tank leak and a sorry mm someone did.

Steve

Well I have a 20" .325 7 pin setup so I will probably upgrade it then

If you haven't modded the muffler I would do so, wakes them up. My 3450 is. What I do is use the newer style back half and remove the tube and open the outlet hole. I either use a different diffuser with more openings or drill more in the original one. I then use the cover from an early 3450,3750(380), which has an opening with a flat plate diverting the exhaust. So essentially I have a dual port muffler in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you haven't modded the muffler I would do so, wakes them up. My 3450 is. What I do is use the newer style back half and remove the tube and open the outlet hole. I either use a different diffuser with more openings or drill more in the original one. I then use the cover from an early 3450,3750(380), which has an opening with a flat plate diverting the exhaust. So essentially I have a dual port muffler in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I modded mine up to 11% of displacement, it's up from the stock 8%. I cut a small port in the top right corner of the early 3450 front port muffler.

Received a package in the mail from Modified Mark yesterday so I moved ahead with the Super 25DA. Thanks again Mark!

20170329_185849.jpg

I am now waiting on the seals from e-replacementparts, should be able to finish this one Saturday if the parts arrive. New rings had about 0.010" end gap so the compression should go up even further from the 150 PSI I got before taking it apart. The center port in the exhaust was about 80% closed off with very hard carbon so it should breathe a little easier now as well. I don't know if I lost the flywheel key or if it didn't have one when I took it apart but I found a washer of just the right thickness and made a new key to align the flywheel when it goes back together.

Question for guys in the know, I order some of the foam air filters for this saw from Manufacturers Supply but they are about 1-1/4" too short. I bought several so I cut another one and glued the two together with some spray adhesive so I am set for now. Were there different lengths for the AR on these models?

Mark

Received a package in the mail from Modified Mark yesterday so I moved ahead with the Super 25DA. Thanks again Mark!

View attachment 569066

I am now waiting on the seals from e-replacementparts, should be able to finish this one Saturday if the parts arrive. New rings had about 0.010" end gap so the compression should go up even further from the 150 PSI I got before taking it apart. The center port in the exhaust was about 80% closed off with very hard carbon so it should breathe a little easier now as well. I don't know if I lost the flywheel key or if it didn't have one when I took it apart but I found a washer of just the right thickness and made a new key to align the flywheel when it goes back together.

Question for guys in the know, I order some of the foam air filters for this saw from Manufacturers Supply but they are about 1-1/4" too short. I bought several so I cut another one and glued the two together with some spray adhesive so I am set for now. Were there different lengths for the AR on these models?

Mark
sounds like you got filters for the micro versions instead of the S25 versions.

What's the best way to clean aluminum transfer from an unplated cylinder, 3400. I've read where muratic acid is used but kind of iffy on a none plated bore.

Steve

You might could use the mastermind method but with no plating I would think it would be easy to make the cylinder too big or out of round. I would try to find a used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back