Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I threw the carb from the PP365 I used to have but sold the crankcase from it on the 3500. I was just finishing up all the lines etc when the guy showed up.

I let him run the 3500 60cc after I fine tuned it and the 3450 54cc I fine tuned yesterday with 3/8 setups in 20" on both. I explained the differences etc and told him your call after running them. After he told me his choice I told him that would be the one I would have chosen too.

Gave him a poulan 1gal 2 stroke mix 3.2oz for 40:1 and he left grinning ear to ear.

Sent out full of bar oil and fuel mix.

I threw the carb from the PP365 I used to have but sold the crankcase from it on the 3500. I was just finishing up all the lines etc when the guy showed up.

I let him run the 3500 60cc after I fine tuned it and the 3450 54cc I fine tuned yesterday with 3/8 setups in 20" on both. I explained the differences etc and told him your call after running them. After he told me his choice I told him that would be the one I would have chosen too.

Gave him a poulan 1gal 2 stroke mix 3.2oz for 40:1 and he left grinning ear to ear.

Sent out full of bar oil and fuel mix.

And ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

how much did you sell it for if you dont mind me asking?

I'll even tell you out in open. Because I take care of my locals.

New chain 20", like new bar. new spark plug bosch. New fuel line, new fuel filter, new airfilter, new impulse line, new tank vent line and duckbill valve, new 3/8 7T rim. Saw gone through checked over on every detail. Changed carbs out to my known good carb.
$200 with hands on instructions and how to file chain shown hands on and list of how to's and what to get. Told any issue ad bring it back pronto.

He also had choice of short or long dawg etc. Also choice of front or side exit mufflers.

I'll even tell you out in open. Because I take care of my locals.

New chain 20", like new bar. new spark plug bosch. New fuel line, new fuel filter, new airfilter, new impulse line, new tank vent line and duckbill valve, new 3/8 7T rim. Saw gone through checked over on every detail. Changed carbs out to my known good carb.
$200 with hands on instructions and how to file chain shown hands on and list of how to's and what to get. Told any issue ad bring it back pronto.

He also had choice of short or long dawg etc. Also choice of front or side exit mufflers.
That a good sale, taking care of your customers

That a good sale, taking care of your customers

Considering I priced this saw last fall PHO with me not having to touch it for $150 and was told sold. But $ never showed up.
So for $50 more new owner got all that I listed.

Heck price a NOS flocked air filter and new chain. That pretty much cover it. :envy::crazy:

I was curious i was looking at a 3300 on ebay and a mint pp305 being sold by a member here..... i saw a few in my area used was curious what the price ranges were for used and mint....

Can someone tell me if the 330 pro has the big intake and carb or not. If not what saws are so equiped

I decided to pull the Poulans down off the shelf and give everything a bit of a cleaning...everything in the shop has a film of dust from my de-rusting a snow blower attachment for my Struck Mini Dozer last fall.

The 5400 seemed to have a fuel leak when I tipped it on its side, replace the duck bill valve in the tank and the fuel line/filter and it seems to be all better now. The 4200 would not pull fuel at all so I disassembled the carburetor, lot of varnish & crud in there so it got a good cleaning, fuel line/filter and it starts and runs better than ever now.

The 3700 that I got from Modified Mark needed only a wipe down and replaced one screw in the handle brace, that is still one peppy little saw. The 3400 I just rebuilt was good to go, the 3400 I had up on the shelf needed a couple of parts in the anti-vibe and a new air filter. It is now ready to go as well.

The little red Micro that was given to me last year will run, but I don't think I will need to take it to the wood once I get the Super 25DA back together. Still waiting on the seals.

Mark

Installed this aftermarket Piston , ran the saw 1 minute, it lost compression and stoped, Here is the result.

Attachments

• 5200 Piston_001.JPG
    5200 Piston_001.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 5200 Piston_003.JPG
    5200 Piston_003.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 44
Back