Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my IPL's says that one carb version was used up until 2011 and another version from 2012 onwards, the IPL doesn't say which carbs those are though.

The way I see it the Makita DCS6421 uses the same carb as the Dolmar PS-6400 does and the only difference between those two carb versions is that one of them features limiter caps on the H/L adjusting needles - I might be wrong though.

A Google search came up with Zama: C3M-DM11 , C3M-DM11A , C3M-DM11B , C3M-DM12

Again I could be wrong!
Yep. You're right. Thanks.

Is there difference in port timing between de cut off 309 saw and the dolmar 123.
Is ther difference in the stud spacing between de topend from an 123 and an ps 7900?

Regards
Manuel

Anyone with any views on how the new 7310/7910 are compared to the original 7300/7900 in terms of anything noticeable?
Posted this in the regular thread but figured the Dolmar faithful might have better insight compared to the usual fanboys.

Anyone with any views on how the new 7310/7910 are compared to the original 7300/7900 in terms of anything noticeable?
Posted this in the regular thread but figured the Dolmar faithful might have better insight compared to the usual fanboys.
Not from the ones I have run. All seem about equal or negligible power difference. Good runners strait from the box.

Is there difference in port timing between de cut off 309 saw and the dolmar 123.
Is ther difference in the stud spacing between de topend from an 123 and an ps 7900?

Regards
Manuel
Port timing and cylinders should be the same. Unless there was a change in manufacture. IE: Mahle to KolbenShmidt

Define "stud spacing between 123 and 7900"? Are you asking bolt pattern of the cylinders or bar stud spacing?

Anyone need any 112 parts?

Internals are probably all junk, scored and probably rusted tight, but its all there other then the muffler.
112 arrived... Guess what... Found a crankcase with good top and bottom end in one of my boxes. Guess hoarding of dolmar stuff pays off some times!

Hey guys,
Really excited about hooking up with this experienced, competent Dolmar Shop & Saw expert.
Guy's name is Lincoln Miller and he's originally from Michigan and owns Elkmont Power Equipment, he works on all saws but has a passion & expertise with the older Sachs Dolmar saws.

Gave him my 116si in a box and he is going to ferret through the saw and see what "actually" caused the burnt piston.
My last saw guru says he did not have the proper plates to check the pressure"only had plates for husky/stihl"...Lincoln looked at me like I was nutz and just shook his head! lol:rolleyes:

This is my last go around on the 116si...hope it comes out successful!:yes::barbecue:

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Hey guys,
Really excited about hooking up with this experienced, competent Dolmar Shop & Saw expert.
Guy's name is Lincoln Miller and he's originally from Michigan and owns Elkmont Power Equipment, he works on all saws but has a passion & expertise with the older Sachs Dolmar saws.

Gave him my 116si in a box and he is going to ferret through the saw and see what "actually" caused the burnt piston.
My last saw guru says he did not have the proper plates to check the pressure(only had plates for (husky/stihl)...Lincoln looked at me like I was nutz and just shook his head! lol:rolleyes:

This is my last go around on the 116si...hope it comes out successful!:yes::barbecue:

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Best of luck Reggie, sounds like it is in good hands now.

I can't wait for page 166.

Hopefully I'll have a decent bar for mine by then!

Best of luck Reggie, sounds like it is in good hands now.

Yep...I feel really good about this guy...we talked for quite a awhile.
My old saw guy has a Stihl 034 AV that he’s replacing the crankshaft bearings in and offered it to me for $150. Complete with a good Stihl bar & Chisel chain...BUT that s been 2 months ago...went by and looked at the saw, it looks great...He's just covered up.
Thinking about offering him $75 AS IS...and take it to this guy...
What's your thoughts?

Yep...I feel really good about this guy...we talked for quite a awhile.
My old saw guy has a Stihl 034 AV that he’s replacing the crankshaft bearings in and offered it to me for $150. Complete with a good Stihl bar & Chisel chain...BUT that s been 2 months ago...went by and looked at the saw, it looks great...He's just covered up.
Thinking about offering him $75 AS IS...and take it to this guy...
What's your thoughts?

The 034 is a fine saw when in good running shape. Not sure all it needs now so not going to say get it or not depending on what the costs are to you. Might find more stuff needed when the saw is torn down. I do them all the time but I only have to pay out of the pocket for parts, don`t have to pay my labor cost. Any saw needing bearings is likely to need more parts.

The 034 is a fine saw when in good running shape. Not sure all it needs now so not going to say get it or not depending on what the costs are to you. Might find more stuff needed when the saw is torn down. I do them all the time but I only have to pay out of the pocket for parts, don`t have to pay my labor cost. Any saw needing bearings is likely to need more parts.
:cry::cry:o_O
Hmm...might just ask him can I have it fer free then!!
LOL

Back