Which is the best pro saw of each brand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we are only talking about 4 cord a year. When I said drop limb and cut to length firewood I thought that was enough information. "Maybe it sounded like he was going into business selling firewood" if that is the case I apologize but he has a good job which has zero to do with saws or cutting wood.
The saw will be used to supply fire wood for his use that is why I said 50-60cc ? maybe I said 65cc? . In any case I have not had the time to discuss the possibility of a used saw as opposed to new with him. I think the way he talked new would be his choice. I cut about 6-7 cords a year and he may at some point want to help me more? But mainly up to 4 cords of hardwood per year will be the main use.

With the information you provided above, there is one saw that will be hard to beat when it comes to price vs. performance: Echo cs-590. They run $399 and Home Depot will give a 10% discount to veterans (if you or your son is one) which would bring it down to $360. Like I mentioned before, there isn't a new saw on the planet that will cut like that saw for the money.

With the information you provided above, there is one saw that will be hard to beat when it comes to price vs. performance: Echo cs-590. They run $399 and Home Depot will give a 10% discount to veterans (if you or your son is one) which would bring it down to $360. Like I mentioned before, there isn't a new saw on the planet that will cut like that saw for that money.

You forgot to mention the 5 year warranty which is the best available .
I have a friend who cuts firewood for a living so his saw sees a good amount of use.....it's a Echo CS-590 and he loves it .

the bad thing about home depot is they don't service anything that goes out to bid and the people that get the bid are seldom happy to see you come through the door with something they did not sell. I know a shop that bid to work on their stuff and said dealing with the big box store warranty stuff is such a pain they finished up the contract and would not bid again. That is not to say that Echo is not a quality saw I bet it is but I kind of would like to think the shop it goes too does not happen to be in a bad mood over a warranty deal gone wrong an hour earlier ya know. Maybe there is an Echo dealer around... come to think of it the old Wheel Horse dealer I bought my tractor from sells em I think....

just looked msrp $389. I have done business with them for many years good people. My next issue is if he bought one I bet it would be the only echo for 5 miles ha ha. I no zero about most newer saw but even less if it is possible about echo

That is a silly and opinionated statement. Husky has nothing like the 661 or 241, and a 362 will hang right with a 562, and the 362 has better air filtration, and some of us prefer the inboard clutch. There are even some who prefer a 261 to a 550, each saw has it's attributes.

The saw that is best for you is the one that feels best in your hands and does what you want it to do, not the one someone else says must be the best.
And the one you can get good local service on.

A strong 50cc saw all that's needed for 4 cord a year. Hell I've done 15 cord with a 45cc.

Needed? I don't understand that word in the context you use.

I thought the only use of "needed" on this site was as in "help, a 5th saw is needed to fill the gap from 66.8-70.6cc range in my arsenal!", or something along those lines.

^^^^has that saw that 'does all your cutting needs'...........ever been used? Has it ever really cut any wood? Honestly?

Had a nice CDN Thanksgiving weekend away from the computer .... I'm *guessing* that the post I've quoted here was directed at my 562xp post on page 2, looking all shiny and new with my Tsumura bar, just after I bought it.

Saw looks a little less new now but only managed to get out and cut about 7 cords this year, about half of a normal year.

ok, back to work spit-polishing my saw :p :D

Around here, though it's outdated now, the 2100 was the king for Husky.. in a 5 mile radius from me I *know* of about 10 of them... I have 5 of those (maybe 6 soon) coming into my shop to make as many runners as I can out of them.

Echo is serious about taking a bigger share of the OPE market and are opening a lot of dealers here in Canada .

The President of Echo Canada was with Stihl for many years as the sales manager while I was there , he's a good guy and will stand behind Echo all the way .

If Echo is gonna be a serious contender in the pro market they need to lose some weight.
Weight savings is usually a big factor in the cost of any gear from cameras to climbing gear, to tents and even chainsaws. However many time the slightly heavier gear is more robust and the quality is not lacking and more cost effective. Also for less then 10 cords of wood a year I think the op was just wanting a short list of what will start and run well every weekend year after year. I really think we have already provided the info he was wanting. No need to get in an all out shootout of every spec of every pro 50-60cc saw

If a guy is worried about a pound or 2 of weight then they need to get in shape or let someone else do the cutting .

Bucking firewood pretty much does away with weight being a factor for the most part of cutting . If you're doing a lot of limbing then a smaller more nimble saw may be advisable just for that but we're talking about a young fellow here who I'm sure is in pretty good shape .
Echo is making some pretty good advances and given time I'm sure model improvements will come along but in the meantime they are kicking azz for cost and overall value for a good saw .

Back