Which is the best pro saw of each brand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like my 362 C if he is looking for a 60 cc saw, but I really think the 461 is the "best" saw currently in the Stihl lineup.

But if you want to save some money, and get something that may be better than both, there is an 044 with a KS jug that has been rebuilt on the trading post. Based on cost, wt & performance, it would be hard to beat that for a "one saw" plan. One of the few saws that, IMO, are light enough to limb with and powerful enough to buck with.

That is a silly and opinionated statement. Husky has nothing like the 661 or 241, and a 362 will hang right with a 562, and the 362 has better air filtration, and some of us prefer the inboard clutch. There are even some who prefer a 261 to a 550, each saw has it's attributes.

The saw that is best for you is the one that feels best in your hands and does what you want it to do, not the one someone else says must be the best.

That is a silly and opinionated statement. Husky has nothing like the 661 or 241, and a 362 will hang right with a 562, and the 362 has better air filtration, and some of us prefer the inboard clutch. There are even some who prefer a 261 to a 550, each saw has it's attributes.

The saw that is best for you is the one that feels best in your hands and does what you want it to do, not the one someone else says must be the best.
Hey Mike you forgot to add IMO to this entire statement.

I agree with rburg. The Dolmar 6400 (IMO) would be the best saw for the money. Fordf150 is having an inventory reduction sale . I don't know what he has left. I bought mine based on recommendations from members here and ultimately price vs. the others and I have no complaints whatsoever.

I agree with rburg. The Dolmar 6400 (IMO) would be the best saw for the money. Fordf150 is having an inventory reduction sale . I don't know what he has left. I bought mine based on recommendations from members here and ultimately price vs. the others and I have no complaints whatsoever.

@fordf150 currently has four 6400's with 20" set up for $500 each, and I believe the same number of 6400H's with the same 20" set up for $560 each. I should also mention Nate has a 6100 with two tanks of fuel through it for $425/PHO.

It's a good thing you have never been prone to a "silly and opinionated" statement.

Your saw lineup in your signature surely shows your lack of bias........;)

The 6100 is very torquey and nice as is the MS362. I have run them both and although the MS362C may be a stronger saw when ported, I really like my 562xp. The only mod mine has is an opened exhaust. It's good enough that 9 times out of 10, I'll grab it over my ported 372xp unless I'm bucking 25-6"+ wood. It's a/v is far superior to the 372 (and 440/460) and between it's fuel mileage and balance (both weight-wise and power band) it truly is a pleasure to run. The 6100 also felt heavier to me with the same bar and chain.

I am very satisfied with my 562xp - angry/strong/fast saw in the cut, decent weight, slim fit, and handles everything I throw at it with ease. new-saw-bar.jpg

I cut down predominantly 12" to 24" Maple, Birch, Alder and Fir trees, limb them and buck them up.
For larger trees, I use the saw to quickly noodle them into easy to manage sized pieces that makes throwing them into my truck a breeze.

My old 346xp is now relegated to yard duty for smaller limbing jobs.

-

Latest posts

Back