041av Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binjitheninji

Reaction score
yeah I just purchased a nice 041AV everything looks A1, although when I removed the top cover I noticed it was missing something. The slide button on the right is the chock the same button on left I asume is maybe the kill switch, but every thing is missing but the button. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it is and does anybody out there have an old saw like this that they might be able to sell me what I need to make it complete?

This would be better served in the Chainsaw forum but I'll put my quick 2¢ in. I'm not really clear on what you need based on the description. On my 041AV the kill switch is located below and left of the trigger on the main saw body, not really anywhere near the top cover. Other than the choke control, there shouldn't be much under there other than the fuel lines and throttle linkage to the trigger, and oiler adjustment.

If it's the kill switch you need, I'm sure that's available from any Stihl dealership. Failing that, any regular single-pole, single-throw switch should work as long as it fits the mounting hole and surrounding space. An auto parts place like Napa etc. should have something like this, or a Radio Shack for that matter. A picture would help here greatly.

Back