2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to remove the oil pump to adjust it.There are two screws on top of the pump.If you are running a tiny bar (under 28")the longer of the two screws on the top of the pump goes in the aft hole.

did you just say afthole?...........................:hmm3grin2orange:

LOL! Good shiat, and another good feature they sling out that oil, for big bar's. Mine to all saw's should, and all saw's 6.0 cube's give or take should have a manual oil overide! Good info Greg. Hope all the thread fan's, and muscle saw's are doing well my friend's:rock:

it does throw the oil gota remember to drain the bar oil when just workin on it.made a big mess

LOL! They definately leak when you park em too. They do get the oil out there when you need it. One feature I really like.

try this one brad...

ifn snelling is still looking for a crankcase gasket, try this number= 501290601
it was listed as the gasket for the 2100 until 1984 but then for some reason it was omitted from the ipls...don't think there is too much different. i just used it on my 2100 rebuild. no problems...

husky2100009.jpg

husky2100007.jpg

husky2100013.jpg

Seems like it has been a while since I've seen some pics posted in this thread so here are some to drool over. Your Welcome! :)

View attachment 201251View attachment 201252View attachment 201254 I agree Jim been to long. And haven't heard from you in a coon's age! Misse'd ya brother. Had to bust out the 2101, and 660 finished this oak the on with the Humbolt face. Had to pull over both side's. One had a hard lean over the vineyard fence. This tree died from sudden oak death. It has been spreading rapidly here, mostly in tan oak. It was good to have the 660 back. I gave em equal run time, and they are equally impressive, they ran flawless:kilt: The other is one of my best friend's, and hunting/cutting partner's, 150 feet up a redwood. Been getting some sidework again lately.

I got home from the TN GTG tonight to find a 2101 crankshaft setting on the kitchen counter:clap: If I'm lucky, I might get it put together this week, but I'm not betting on it. I want to port the jug, and have to get ready for the Poulan GTG this coming weekend.

201251d1317523587-100_0680-jpg

201252d1317523604-100_0656-jpg

201254d1317523659-101_0481-jpg

Nice photos there Norm, I have been busy with work and getting ready for winter, lots of firewood needs cut split and stacked also been getting wood for friends, which means little computer time.

I got home from the TN GTG tonight to find a 2101 crankshaft setting on the kitchen counter:clap: If I'm lucky, I might get it put together this week, but I'm not betting on it. I want to port the jug, and have to get ready for the Poulan GTG this coming weekend.

That saw is a beast as it was originally made should be a saw the saw gods would not be ashamed to use when you are done with it. Looks like I will be searching my corner of the north west for complete chain brake clutch covers as they are getting in high demand, you guys will have first dibs on any I find.

Hope you get it done on time Brad, and well just can't wait myself until it's on the road. Maybe we could go on tour:rockn: Jim I hear ya man, winter is coming here, and I still am trying to get my own firewood, and help friends do the same, as well. Thak's for getting pic's to show up for me:msp_thumbup: Maybe I will take a computer class, but damn that would cut into my air time here, and we know that can't happen!

Got my feeler's out as well Brother! I also hit my shop up evry time Im there. There is a 2100 with the p&C off on the floor. Me thinks it just need's ring's. The owner so far has wanted to keep it, but I keep on em. It would be some mean Franken-Muscle! I will start banging on door's again Brad! P.S the one's I see most guy's pulle'd the brake handle's off, like mine.

Got my feeler's out as well Brother! I also hit my shop up evry time Im there. There is a 2100 with the p&C off on the floor. Me thinks it just need's ring's. The owner so far has wanted to keep it, but I keep on em. It would be some mean Franken-Muscle! I will start banging on door's again Brad! P.S the one's I see most guy's pulle'd the brake handle's off, like mine.

That is what I have found also, had a low compression 2100 with the top cover off and a K&N filter on it but it was gone the last time I was there, don't remember if it had a chain brake or not. I have a secret parts place that I can check, just haven't been there in a while, will try to get there on wednesday if I don't go and get a load of wood for trade for a generator or two. I also got a line on a few old big saws that have been promised to me but I have no clue what they are, probably just some Homelite super 2s.

seems whenever i ask about the 2100 all i get is funny looks.noone around here evr sold them i guess

Good stuff Jim, and I am going to keep plugging away at my shop buddie's. They ask the owner here, and there for me, but he probably is a fan like we are, and knows what kind of saw's they are. But man I just wouldnt have been able to sleep with it sitting for so long. Fix it already! Yeah and no brake hanldle. Kotex what is your'e first name? I feel funny just calling you kotex, but what kind of timber is in Indiana I have never been there or seen the land. Any pic's? Hey the guy's who give you the funny look's tell them to tune in to a episode of Arboristsite one evening, featuring tonight's guest star! the mighty 2101!

Back