2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff fellas! I had known of the rest just did not realize the 302 was a cleveland, great engine. I have been a real Ford/Mopar man for years!

I was a big Mark Martin fan in the 80's and 90's and drove nothing but Ford trucks. Then I found out his favorite car was the VW Beetle and he started driving a Chevy, so I protested and bought a Dodge Ram and darn if it wasn't a better truck. I thought to myself, maybe other trucks are better so now I drive a Chevy Tahoe Z71 and will never get rid of it, but I will get another truck, they just haul more firewood than my Tahoe. I also still like Dodge so I bought my wife a Jeep Commander.

I have a 4V 392 in my 1971 IHC 1210 3/4 Ton 4-Door 4WD pickup. IHC called their 4-Door pickups "Travelettes". Has an O/D 5-speed manual. A LONG TERM project. I have posted pics of it in the Old Iron thread within the F/L forum. Also have posted some pics of McCullochs on the hood of that big green beast. My Scouts have a 304 V8 and a 196 I4 (half of a 392).

Used to be a Mustang guy..had a 70 Mach I so i knew about the ford stuff, now i have a Jeep CJ5 and know about offroad stuff. Buddy used to have a scout with that 196 I4, great offroad vehicle. Always thought it was neat to have an engine that you could actually bolt 4 more cylinders onto it! LOL

Oh yes.. I have chainsaws too..(on topic)

Good stuff! Guys and thanks Aaron! Though not a authentic Ford of old school, my no stranger to danger, For ranger has 270k on mileage now. I have had Toyota, nissan, ford, Gmc and chevy trucks. Ford and Toyota probably my favorite and the Ranger is as good as any Toyota ever made. I have hauled Saw, pigs,wood four wheeler, and all my dogs made the skagg springs loop more times than I could count carrying all that gear. Done the front brakes 3-4 times one set of rotors. Back brakes once, thermostat housing, clutch fan, and soon heater core. Thing has been bullettproof. Like an old american car or truck! Always had the soft spot for Mopar on the car and hot rod side, used to have a 69 charger with a 383 and a 727. Had a 440 in my basement that was going in it, and had to part with all of it, for a place to live that was hard. My favorite truck was my 73 f-250 390, and a 4 speed loved that truck! Do I have to talk chainsaws now? Don't want to get us in trouble:msp_w00t: The 2101 is an old hot rod:clap::msp_w00t:

Gotta get this one up and running again, it's like the saw it won't sit and Idle too long. Maybe its strange to some, but I caught myself opening my shed today just to look at and admire my saws.

Gotta get this one up and running again, it's like the saw it won't sit and Idle too long. Maybe its strange to some, but I caught myself opening my shed today just to look at and admire my saws.

But did ya run them? I cant tell you how many times I have gone down to the garage and cranked em all up. I think of all the ones I have I like the burbul of the 288 the best then the Dolly 120si. Randy still has my 2095. I didnt run it but the test run when I bought it, before I sent it to him. It may be my favorite when I get it back. I miss that dam thing! I know going with Mastermind, it's money and time well spent.

Good to see you back Norm, I have not found any big saws lately just working on a few 5 cubers as they are more common around here.

I am going to the chainsaw races this saturday over in Grantsburg, Wisconsin and am bringing my 2101. I am excited to try it out. I never raced before, should be a good time. I will let you know how I do, try to get some video. Man I like my 2101.

I am going to the chainsaw races this saturday over in Grantsburg, Wisconsin and am bringing my 2101. I am excited to try it out. I never raced before, should be a good time. I will let you know how I do, try to get some video. Man I like my 2101.

Good luck to you, put that Husky on the podium.

LOL! Steven I was tempted but got sidetracked, but you know I do go crank em up once in awhile out of the blue. Jim good to see you to buddy! And 5 cubes is a dandy size, a worthy size:msp_thumbsup: Andy that is cool beans man! I am excited too, can't wait to see how you do.

But did ya run them? I cant tell you how many times I have gone down to the garage and cranked em all up. I think of all the ones I have I like the burbul of the 288 the best then the Dolly 120si. Randy still has my 2095. I didnt run it but the test run when I bought it, before I sent it to him. It may be my favorite when I get it back. I miss that dam thing! I know going with Mastermind, it's money and time well spent.

i agree the 288 does have the coolest sound. i never get tired of hearing it idle.

The 288 does sound great but the 395 has my vote for the biggest growl.

The only thing better than hearing the rumble of one, a 288, 395, 2101 is owning em all, and letting all three idle say on a sunday morning, be even better than taps! Or a six gun salute.

Back