2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olympyk, I had to think for a second, thought you were talking about a one hit wonder band, Thatcher. It came back to me chainsaw's right? LOL! Stumpy where you been miss ya my friend! Good to see you too Shaun a race and vid I am game! Love to see it.

Glad to have some 660 muscle running, yesterday am big oak down. Used the 46 mag, and mostly the 660. Man I love the 66!

lumberjackau- great bulletin, a real gem, thanks ! lots of stuff i wondered about these saws in there. i always wondered about the spring 7th mount vs. the rubber type. now i know.
here's an ad from down your way. i like the slang in it, the vikings are coming ! lol

attachment.php

a brute indeed-watch out for its big bite !

i see we both live in a 'sunshine' state. that's what they call florida here, especially this time of year. i see cairns on the coast there. nat young is one of my favorite surfers. wasn't he from around there ?
cheers

Last edited:
lumberjackau- great bulletin, a real gem, thanks ! lots of stuff i wondered about these saws in there. i always wondered about the spring 7th mount vs. the rubber type. now i know.
here's an ad from down your way. i like the slang in it, the vikings are coming ! lol

attachment.php

a brute indeed-watch out for its big bite !

i see we both live in a 'sunshine' state. that's what they call florida here, especially this time of year. i see cairns on the coast there. nat young is one of my favorite surfers. wasn't he from around there ?
cheers

Great add, and the viking is a hoot, love the part in the add about no more white knuckles.
Not into the surfing much, see it on the news but don't pay much attention to it, besides I live out bush a bit and don't get to the ocean much. Serge might know something more about the surfers here

Will great shiat! I love it! I will memorize it, and read it in my sleep, priceless thanks REP sent! Neil you know me well!!!!!!!!! Allyn how you been? Have not seen you in awhile, dug out your handle the other day, and I frelly do have to get it to you. It will come I promise!

yeah, hi norm, been down with another bout of bronchitis.guess my florida lungs don't like this ohio winter cold!
i forget where the pic came from but i liked the colorful rap about the saw. hail to the conquerers !
i'm ready for that handle. finally got my 2100 back together after a complete teardown & rebuild.
just need to decide which bar and chain i'm going to use.any ideas ?
also have temporary custody of my friends 298xp while i give it a once over and replace a busted starter spool. he told me not to swipe too many parts for my saw !lol.ah, temptation, still thy hand.
the only diff i see is no manual oil pump and the starter is diff. it also has the chain brake. nice saw.
here's to keeping them in the 'big bark'.
cheers

This is my buddy Brandon resting after felling that big pine with his Stihl 075
Photo0269.jpg

Cool. I really like the 075. My dad bought one in the early-mid 70's when I was just a kid and it was as big as I was, now it is in my garage and I enjoy using it when I can. They seem to have an enormous amount of torque. What a beast.

Cool Allyn will do on the handle. I have a 34 on my 2101 and it is real comfortable on that saw. I am sold on the new Stihl es light bars, and they say the husky techlite is really good. Eventually my lineup will all be wearing the lights. It is a little extra xash, but if I was you I would look in too a light one. Pick the one that seems the best fit for you. One you do not feel clumsy with a 28 or 32 is well rounded. I love 28's too. Jim awesome 075 your budyy has I have run many 076's, and really liked them. Andy I agree beasts!

That was alder I cut for trim in house I am renovating. Cut it all with 2101 and the 36" Cannon bar. That bar has old style Oregon tip. I was lucky to find 2 spare tips for it. So far I think the original one will last some time. I cleaned up wear on that old bar. it needed more drive links than a new 36" bar so I had to buy more chain and make up a couple myself. The Cannon is much stiffer than the 42" Oregon Pro I bought. Recently bought a newer Cannon bar on Ebay they said was 33" but turned out to be 30". I will have to get some chain for it. Will probably put it on the 281. still wanting to get a piston and cylinder to make that one a 288. Was going to do major felling of trees this week but now laid up with wrist tendonitis after doing drywall and paint in basement. All that alder is waiting to be cut and planed and here I am all gimped up. AAAAAARGH!

Neil you read my mind I was admiring the slabs too, after the saw of course:msp_thumbsup: Good stuff Greg, been awhile too bad you are laid up sorry to hear that. Canon is the best bar I have ever seen for stiffness, and overall performance. I have never seen or felt a chain go through the rails so smotth, or effortless. On any other brand.

Back