3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running a 16 tooth on 20 inch
bar.

Video? :msp_sneaky:

Running one of Cliff's saws may change my mind about fooling with race saws.......but at this point in my life I just ain't got time for them.

I gave my piped 064 to Wiggs at the WKY GTG......he now gets to waste his time playing with that thing. :laugh:

That's more like I would expect. $1,800 is a joke, especially PHO.

A 390 or 395 will do anything a 3120 can until the bar gets longer than 36". We showed that last weekend. Far lighter, smaller, and cheaper.

BTW, my 084 wears a 9-pin for work, even with a 50" bar buried in Oak.

I think the wrong saws showed
up last weekend!!!! A good woods
ported 3120 will shame the 390 or
the 395. With any size bar.!!!

It wasn't a good comparison Ricky. Different woods, different chains, no watches.....just seat of the pants stuff.....

thats what i was thinking....... gotta gear up those monsters.

i watched a Helsel built 3120 in dansville a few months ago......... simply amazing.

Also the 3120 was a mild work saw compared to a heavily ported 395.....I built both saws.

Also the 3120 was a mild work saw compared to a heavily ported 395.....I built both saws.

The 3120 is a big saw and heavy. Do we
work them in the woods?? No!!! To big of
a saw. But with just a very little work you
would not believe what kind of an animal
they turn into. We use them for practice
motors to prepare for the races.

What do y'all use for a starter handle? I like the set up on the 460 Rescue saw. Look like a snowmobile starter piece?

What do y'all use for a starter handle? I like the set up on the 460 Rescue saw. Look like a snowmobile starter piece?

Most of the racers use a D ring. It is
all of what you are used to. We use
a piece of rubber gas line over the
cord with the original handle on the
top. It is easier to get the handle to
stand up that way.

Video? :msp_sneaky:

Running one of Cliff's saws may change my mind about fooling with race saws.......but at this point in my life I just ain't got time for them.

I gave my piped 064 to Wiggs at the WKY GTG......he now gets to waste his time playing with that thing. :laugh:

[video=youtube_share;zsFtECgfjdg]http://youtu.be/zsFtECgfjdg[/video]

The 3120 I had with the 12k coil was out cutting my 066 buildoff saw from last year and it was stock muffler and cylinder with no H screw. I'm sure with a few mods it would really be a different saw. I've run a few other 3120s and they all weren't that impressive.

I think I'll prolly get a 272 coming so I can run it that way right from the start. I know this saw may take more to get it running where it needs to be but I'm fine with that.

You have to modify the bar studs and bar to make a 3003 bar fit the 084, 880, 090 series saws. It's the only way to make a lightweight bar fit one of the big Stihl's. But it's really worth it on the 880 if you stay with 36". It seriously changes the handling characteristics of the saw. It's not near the pig it was with the standard bar.

I got 17&21" 3002 bars. $10 each.......

Latest posts

Back