346xp repair needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry knows his way around huskys as well as anyone and you will have a hard time finding someone who has anything bad to say about his work or about him personally. Take him up on his offer. Me, id have him throw an NE jug and slug up on it(if its blown) have him port it and call it a "investment in giggling" ..it will make you giggle like a school girl.

A little background on it. I got it off of eBay last winter under the impression that it was an '09 model, turned out to be a ' 99. Anyway it ran but was not quite right, I took a saw shop a couple towns away and after new fuel lines and a couple other minor things "don't remember" it st still wasn't quite right. So I got good advice and help from some folks on here and took the carb apart and cleaned all the crud out of it. After that it was better but still not 100%. Several months later it ended up submerged in the river-long story. I did nothing to it at all and took it to another local shop and when I got the call that it was ready to pick up I went and got it only to find a $9 charge and a tag on it that said piston & cylinder scored-not worth repairing.....I don't doubt a bit that it needs a p&c and other things, but I think it's worth fixing

a 346 is worth fixing especially since you cant just go buy another one. its just a matter of how much its worth to you in particular to fix it.

shipping address
wicked work saw
1110 knoxville hwy
wartburg tn 37887

I will access its needs and then we can decide the coarse of repair and discuss prices with the options.

How long was the saw submerged, and was it opened and dried after its baptism. If it was not dried, I would bet on new bearings, rod, and maybe a carb (that saw likely had a Walbro which had the HDA 199 symptoms and may have been the source of your initial problems).

Terry, let me know if you need some used stuff...I probably still owe you.

Back