357xp vs 455 rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's one I'm looking at, but now I see they mention the pull cord "takes effort"......are these usually like that, without the decompression valve pushed open?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes - The 357xp is THAT good.
No you won't look at the 455 the same after running a 357.

Now a question : If you have a 590 Echo - why are you looking for another 60cc saw? Granted there are 2 in my sig But the 562 is mine and the 262 is mostly my Dad's. Grnted they have totlly different personalities and the echo may have a bit more torque, but I'd sell the Echo to buy the 357... Or, get the Echo ported and have a bigger, but more flexible saw.

Awe hell, just buy one and port them all before the fad is over...

Yes - The 357xp is THAT good.
No you won't look at the 455 the same after running a 357.

Now a question : If you have a 590 Echo - why are you looking for another 60cc saw? Granted there are 2 in my sig But the 562 is mine and the 262 is mostly my Dad's. Grnted they have totlly different personalities and the echo may have a bit more torque, but I'd sell the Echo to buy the 357... Or, get the Echo ported and have a bigger, but more flexible saw.

Awe hell, just buy one and port them all before the fad is over...
Would you ever ask your wife why she has ten pair of boots!!!!! Lol

Its for the trophy shelf I guess. I bought the Echo for $180 from a pawn shop and it's basically brand new!!! I still havent put it in wood though. I thought I would replace the 455 with the 357......my way of having "nicer boots" I guess

What do you think a used 357xp is worth? I can't physically inspect it as I can only go upon the seller and pictures, which it is in nice physical shape though.

I paid 80 bucks for my 357 with a strait gassed scored piston. Cleaned up the cylinder and put a meteor piston in it for 40 bucks. I have 120 in an awesome saw. It actually feels lighter than a 455 to me too.

If you can, post up some pics for us. And if you can get the seller to remove the muffle and get some descent quality pics of the piston and cylinder through the exhaust port that would be a plus too...

What's the asking price? Just curious...

c37359778c48b82497c4445956336ddd.jpg

Latest posts

Back