357XP: Where Does It Fit In Between The 346XP and 385XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just making an analogy. And to set the facts straight I think they were a little later into their 20's lol...

I have a EHP359 and this weekend I went out to the boondocks to cut firewood and I took the stock 346 over the ported 359. The ported 359 has some major tea bags for a 59cc saw. The 346 just feels like part of me when I'm using it. If I'm standing in brush cutting limbs, I'd much rather have my 346 over the Ehp359. The 346 is just a pimped out 50cc saw.

Your comparing a 346 and 357. My 359 will blow the doors off the 357. I think you would be happier with the 346. Then take the 200 to 250 you save over the 357 and get that little bad boy ported. Ding Ding Ding.......... Two 20's lol.....

This thread is not about EHP (or other) modded saws, that's a completely different game......:censored:

...but I agree regarding the 346xp in the woods! :cheers:

Last edited:
This thread is not about EHP modded saws, that's a completely different game......:censored:

Very true, modding voids warranty which is somewhat important to me right now. Now if I can only figure out what I want to buy new, then maybe mod the other. Maybe not, i've gotten by so far without it.

Well suit yourself. Seriously though the 346 is just an all round sweet saw if your cutting up to 16". I love that little saw. I cant wait to get it sent off to Fort Jones.

seriously girls who run around with orange hair! You don't think they know how to have a good time?

Gives me scary thoughts! All of a sudden the dude on the cover of the MAD magazine jumps out in front of me. :blob6:

The twins are probably the centerfold of the magazine. :cry:

Anyhow........... :dizzy:

Yo, Troll

Did you read the post. I was saying that even though the 359 was ported I still think I like the 346 more. Relax would ya.......

Gives me scary thoughts! All of a sudden the dude on the cover of the MAD magazine jumps out in front of me. :blob6:

The twins are probably the centerfold of the magazine. :cry:

Anyhow........... :dizzy:

don't knock it 'til u try it is my motto:biggrinbounce2:

This thread is not about EHP (or other) modded saws, that's a completely different game......:censored:

...but I agree regarding the 346xp in the woods! :cheers:

Troll,

Apparently you just don't get that I was using the ehp359 as an upgrade to a 357 that he OP was questioning about. If I think I like the 346 over the ehp359 I think he will like the 346 over the 357.

GET IT..........

No bad blood Troll.......

Troll,

Apparently you just don't get that I was using the ehp359 as an upgrade to a 357 that he OP was questioning about. If I think I like the 346 over the ehp359 I think he will like the 346 over the 357.

GET IT..........

No bad blood Troll.......

It's ok, we all have our own perceptions. I may have perceived your statement wrong as well.

OK, time to get this back on track.

If you were to pick from a 262XP and 357XP, what would you pick, and why? Honest answers please.

never had the pleasure of running a 262 but they are legendary, the 357 is a real nice piece and if I was gonna run only one for everything I would choose it(plus it's a .357) but if you can score a 262 I would take it:)

OK, time to get this back on track.

If you were to pick from a 262XP and 357XP, what would you pick, and why? Honest answers please.

It would depend upon the 262XP

If it's in real nice shape and doesn't need a major overhaul go 262XP. They aren't making any more. 357XP's will be available for a while.

I'm in the process of looking for a decent 262XP. However everything I've looked at seems to be an overpriced parts saw. Those that run have all had lousy compression. I've got a bunch of wood orders already for next year and just don't have the time for a project saw right now.

If you can get you hands on a good 262XP go for it.

Take Care

I still think you will like the 357xp if you get it. You really need to try one, they flat scream. Then get the 338xp or 339xp for a trim saw. They say not to use a top handle unless you are in the tree but my dad and I have never had a problem. Member Ed*L our local saw guru takes his 192t and his ms200t to the woods all the time. A combo like that along with the 385xp could handle almost anything.

Yep, that's what i'm thinking, i'm still debating. If I get one of them, then the plan to get a 346 and a 262/362 could be "ousted"! That would be great!

I'm going shopping today. I think me and my father are going to invest in a wood splitter, possibly a Speeco. He has spoke with the people there, and they have new ones and a slightly used one. They also carry Husky, but I doubt they would stock much over a 455 Rancher. Still, I want to get an idea on how stuff weighs again. I haven't been there to grasp their Husky's for awhile. Maybe I can get a quote on the 357 there.

Latest posts

Back