5105H advice. What should I do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are regularly available here. I presume it might take some time before they are improted to the US in larger numbers.

They don't import the H models into the US except on special order basis now. That it how I ended up with a skid. If I wanted them I had to take a full skid. It takes some patience to even get them ordered then It's a waiting game of 6 Months or more for them to show up

They don't import the H models into the US except on special order basis now. That it how I ended up with a skid. If I wanted them I had to take a full skid. It takes some patience to even get them ordered then It's a waiting game of 6 Months or more for them to show up

Good thing that someone (you) make the effort to get same into the US then! :numberone:

Back in 2007 I had no trouble getting a 5100SH from the US (my wife wanted one), but brand policy does of course change with time.

Since you're wanting a 5105H as your personal kit, get one of those new ones ported and keep the MM'd one you have as a demo.
If you really want it completely stock just swap out a new muffler. I'm guessing sooner or later some customer will ask about a modded muffler.

Gallon of gas through it yesterday. It handles an 18" bar buried pretty good even with it still set plenty rich. I am however regretting full chisel chain with frozen wood.

Was snowing and raining all day Sunday and I love those heated handles more than ever!

I'm more confused about what to do with this saw than when I started this thread. I was leaning toward having it ported but the demo comments made me think I should just leave it stock.

I think porting is for 70cc and up... Just my exp. Your 5105 was not that far behind the 261c I had last year. If you can remember that far back.....

My 2c

Gallon of gas through it yesterday. It handles an 18" bar buried pretty good even with it still set plenty rich. I am however regretting full chisel chain with frozen wood.

Was snowing and raining all day Sunday and I love those heated handles more than ever!

I'm more confused about what to do with this saw than when I started this thread. I was leaning toward having it ported but the demo comments made me think I should just leave it stock.
I use chisel chain in frozen wood all winter here in Iowa and dont have any trouble????? Gotta be fairly clean, though.

To me, if you want to sell a pallet of saws, let people "test drive" them stock. You can mention how easy it would be to get some gains through mm or porting and turn them on to this site. Then let them catch CAD and come back for more.

I snagged 2 16" picco Stihl dura chains on ebay cheap a while back. Expect about 2 to 3 hours on 1 chain so far and I can't tell that it has dulled at all. Last job I used it on I went through a fair amount of frozen trees laced with dirt and snow. I am pretty impressed with this chain so far.
As far as your saws I think most people in the market aren't considering spending the price of a ported saw. I'd keep a stock saw for a demo. The less you have in it, the less you can sell it for and I think that would gain the most sales. A modified personal saw around for them to compare I don't think would hurt a thing and would be a plus if you offer mods. Could always add mods to the demo after it is sold.

I use chisel chain in frozen wood all winter here in Iowa and dont have any trouble????? Gotta be fairly clean, though.
It just dulled out sooner than I would like. chain was getting dull by the end of the second tank and I didn't bring an extra with me

I think porting is for 70cc and up... Just my exp. Your 5105 was not that far behind the 261c I had last year. If you can remember that far back.....

My 2c
I take it that means your not adding extra bananas to yours

It just dulled out sooner than I would like. chain was getting dull by the end of the second tank and I didn't bring an extra with me
What brand chain you using? I have been cutting white oak and I can easily go through 6-8 tanks of gas before mine start dulling.

What brand chain you using? I have been cutting white oak and I can easily go through 6-8 tanks of gas before mine start dulling.
Carlton. Cutting locust hickory and ash that we drug 1/4 mile out of the woods. With the snow on the ground it stayed pretty clean but that may be more of my problem than the full chisel and frozen wood since I'm used to hauling our wood out in a dump truck. With the snow we couldn't get the truck up in there Sunday

Carlton. Cutting locust hickory and ash that we drug 1/4 mile out of the woods. With the snow on the ground it stayed pretty clean but that may be more of my problem than the full chisel and frozen wood since I'm used to hauling our wood out in a dump truck. With the snow we couldn't get the truck up in there Sunday
I use Carlton also. Probably crap on the wood from being drug on the ground.

I ran a gallon through mine the other day, I'm in love! Great running saw and the handles rock.

Nate,
Thanks for putting the hard work in to get these ordered.

I'm looking forward to see the bigger cc saws with heated handles your getting this year.

Back