543XP's have shipped!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spike- is the carb fully adustable, and what is the black plastic shroud on the left side of the carb?

Fully adjustable; with the splined tool. Idle can be adjusted with a T-wrench, or even your fingers.

Shroud is just there to keep sawdust out of that area.

Yes - remember it is a Zenoah design, not a true Husky one.
The GZ400/4000/4500 used a combination of springs and rubber dampers. This A/V system is more similar to the G621 setup.

The GZ400/4000/4500 used a combination of springs and rubber dampers. .....

The Zenoah version of this one is the GZ4300, that has a much better power to weight ratio than any of those - but I don't know how the AV compares. I doubt that Husky would want to sell an xp saw with bad AV though.....

The Zenoah version of this one is the GZ4300, that has a much better power to weight ratio than any of those - but I don't know how the AV compares. I doubt that Husky would want to sell an xp saw with bad AV though.....
On paper the GZ4300 (which is not sold here) has a 14% better power to weight ratio than the GZ4500 - but probably not when the muffler is opened up on the GZ4500, as they are notoriously restrictive. Anyway, I was really pointing out that not all previous Zenoah designs were rubber only.

More likely Hex/Flat ones like on many other Husky saws - hardly Torx?

Very possible someone used some Stihl or Dolmar hardware when working on the saw over the years. Really not unusual, and not a problem as long as the correct threads are used. Could be annoying though if someone runs into an unexpected torx and doesn't have the tool handy.

Very possible someone used some Stihl or Dolmar hardware when working on the saw over the years. Really not unusual, and not a problem as long as the correct threads are used. Could be annoying though if someone runs into an unexpected torx and doesn't have the tool handy.

I haven't seen any Torx heads that were combinded with a Flat slot though (like he described), and anyway I have all the options handy! :D

Bob, do you think it will best your warmed over 242? I really really liked that saw, soooo light, yet surprisingly peppy. Are you going to bring one up to the GTG? I hope to have my new to me 262 running by this weekend, I was starting to think of a good 40cc saw next............

I haven't seen any Torx heads that were combinded with a Flat slot though (like he described), and anyway I have all the options handy! :D

RedFirDown posted a pic of the style fastener I'm remembering. I'm not sure if they're on my runner, or one of my parts saws. I also didn't buy any of those saws new, so I have no idea if they were original. It's good to see a pic of another 262 with those screws, I can't find them in an IPL.

Latest posts

Back