550xp Here we go again.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A mm seem to liven things up. The 576 is so far the nicest running auto adjusting saw I've had my hands on. If it wasn't for the weight I'd prefer it over the 372.

Already done[emoji4]but it still doesn't twist like 288 punching throttle. My 288 is stock with probably less than 30 hours on new OEM top end 10 years ago. I sold two others 288s and still have original 1988 one in box. I use 576 all the time as if won't put your hands to sleep.

Naw, it's because @westcoaster90 has a cold Molsons in his hand......lolView attachment 544821

at about that time i had a cold lucky in my hand. don't drink that trash molson. currently i got the whiskey out and did a seal all job on a plastic work box for a day trip tomorrow for final christmas shopping. will seal all cure in negative temperatures? i'm high as a kite with it inside.

at about that time i had a cold lucky in my hand. don't drink that trash molson. currently i got the whiskey out and did a seal all job on a plastic work box for a day trip tomorrow for final christmas shopping. will seal all cure in negative temperatures. i'm high as a kite with it inside.
Lol, careful with your brain cells.

Haha, I should have looked at my saw, I have now and yes those covers are metal, I found what looks to be some leakage from my cover too.
What are you using for sealant on yours Andre?
And thanks for sharing this with us.... its prompted me to look at mine and find a potential issue, plus it's calling out a good company for dropping its standards.
Cheers Jeff

751f3ab7d067f12c8d89365602092c31.jpg
. This little button is the difference between like and love come January [emoji4]. At least in the chainsaw world [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I should have looked at my saw, I have now and yes those covers are metal, I found what looks to be some leakage from my cover too.
What are you using for sealant on yours Andre?
And thanks for sharing this with us.... its prompted me to look at mine and find a potential issue, plus it's calling out a good company for dropping its standards.
Cheers Jeff

I'm going to use HondaBond 5. It's much thinner than Yamabond 4 or Dirko, but it has better adhesive properties and will lay flat. If I were filling larger voids something thicker like Yamabond 4 would be better. Based on my experience I'm confident it will be better than new.

Is your saw stock, and how old is it? I got one in August (though it was a mid-2015 mfg saw), and it ran great, but the only issue I had with it is that it was before the new cover with the hole in it, it would vapor lock above 90F on warm restart. So, I talked to Husq CS and they had me take it to my dealer, and they put the new software on it and the new cover under warranty. It has only run premix fuel, so they were very, very helpful about any issues! Anyway, I got it back from the dealer, and it had a little bit of a bog/stumble at middle throttle openings, but idled and ran WOT just fine. Over the next couple tanks, the bog got bad enough that I was pretty sure there was some vacuum leak, even though it idled and ran WOT OK. Anyway, I called the second level tech folks at Husq USA, to ask if they had to make the transition lean or something for emissions, or if there was some issue with the latest software, and he said no, sounds like a vacuum leak to him, too. They literally just sent me a brand new one (showed up yesterday 2016-25xxxxxx) with all the updates, and even included a felt air filter, as well as the mesh one in the saw. They're sending a call tag for me to send my old one back. I seriously couldn't be happier with the CS!

Having said that, I'm just a firewood hack, and I've got the 4 year warranty, so I'm running premix in this, and keeping it stock for now. I know not everybody can or wants to do that, based on how much they run a saw.

Mike

751f3ab7d067f12c8d89365602092c31.jpg
. This little button is the difference between like and love come January [emoji4]. At least in the chainsaw world [emoji23]

I havent gotten the chance to use my heater on my 550xpg yet. How long do they take to heat up? Do you have to throttle up the trigger for it to work (based upon rpm) or will it heat with the saw at idle if you turn the switch on?

Not much at idle , definitely needs some rpm. I didn't think it worked as good as 576 at first but it is. Gets hot enough I had to turn switch off [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back