562xp seized under warranty need dealer help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I get a saw like this I can pull the muffler and tell whether its scored or not. if it is ,I go to the next step ,vac and pressure testing. so far every 562 that I have gotten in that was scored was an air leak. at that point I call husqvarna and get an authorization to fix or replace the saw. I have went so far as to send pics to Husqvarna of a bubbling seal or transfer cover and pics of the damage. then they make the call. if your dealer just pulls a muffler and says its toast and its your fault they are not much of a dealer.

Bob and Terry you guys are spot on, worthless dealers come in all flavors and unfortunately it seems there are more bad ones than good. In my area Dolmar is a nobody and the local dealer is worthless, I am better off ordering parts through Home Depot as they rent Makita. Also EVERY (and it hasn't been many, only a handful at best) 562 that I have seen burned down was due to an air leak, in my case crank seals. I have had a few 576 XPs burn up due to bad decompression valves recently.

Joe

when I get a saw like this I can pull the muffler and tell whether its scored or not. if it is ,I go to the next step ,vac and pressure testing. so far every 562 that I have gotten in that was scored was an air leak. at that point I call husqvarna and get an authorization to fix or replace the saw. I have went so far as to send pics to Husqvarna of a bubbling seal or transfer cover and pics of the damage. then they make the call. if your dealer just pulls a muffler and says its toast and its your fault they are not much of a dealer.
Funny you mentioned transfer cover. I am dealing with a Redmax 8000 blower that started running like crap. Turned out the transfer cover on the PTO side of the cylinder was leaking and pretty bad.

Pay the money and get your saw back. Then, call corporate and start at the top. Be polite, but firm when explaining your situation.

Earlier this summer, our Maytag dishwasher started acting up 45 days past the warranty expiration. I called Maytag Inc., and spoke to the CEO's secretary. I explained the situation to her. I asked her for some customer good will. She said that she would talk to her boss and get back to me. The next day, she called and left a message that Maytag would take care of the problem, and she scheduled a date for a Maytag repair tech to come out and make the repair.

Anyways, the repair was done and at cost of over $300.00 to Maytag. The tech told me that the problem was a common one and that updated parts were installed to alleviate the issue once and for all.

Definitely call Husqvarna Inc. and let them know what's going on.

I don't know how Husky looks after issues with dealers / customers / end users but at Stihl Canada when I was there the Tech Dept. would have the dealer send the saw in if there was a dispute and we would determine the cause of the failure . Saw would usually be repaired by us (sometimes just a goodwill thing) and returned . If the dealer handled the situation poorly they would get their pee pee slapped or if we continued to get complaints of poor customer service they were pulled .

As others said there are many poor dealers out there and it is those that make any product look bad .
I don't know if Husky USA or Canada has a Tech Dept. but that's who I would be calling first if a dealer doesn't help you .

Anyone with a shelf and a sign with a price on it is a "DEALER". Tractor Supply and Home Depot are what a lot of people call dealers. At our place, the (saw ignorant) boss out front is the 'dealer' but folks bring all their stuff to me in the "SERVICE" department. And so its me in 'Service', not the 'dealer' bossman, who got to talk to the guy who lent out his Stihl concrete saw for a month and the 'friend' used it without the air filter.

this is the saw in question now on my bench. the saw had a cylinder leak. you can see the black part of the base gasket in the pic. that's where it was getting air. this saw should have been properly checked and warrantied by the dealer he took it to. that's ok,wicked work saw has him covered. Husqvarna has authorized a cylinder replacement,and will be covering it under warranty. like I said before ,a warranty is only as good as your dealer.

blown562.jpg

Go figure....even an old coot like me can figure some of this out LOL
The 55 that would eventually die...
11496-1421093318-469e856c100e6be084039e250d837f7c.jpg

fresh out of husky repair facility, caused another totally crisp P&C in his 261EPA now 262xp
11482-1420653132-76410517e1c3c943c75976024363b8ba.jpg

At significant cost for parts that I put in, my friends 2 saws seem to be ripping up the wood so far...
I concur, AS members have been very helpful to my education but very bad for my CAD

Terry, what was the actual cause? The gasket just to thin in that area? Do you ever see the case halves or cylinders not true?

I know they are not always loving towards Huskies but I can tell you they are straight shooters. The only place around here with the autotune diagnostic software is the Stihl dealer in Silverdale and they are 3 weeks out ... ask me how I know. Oh right... my 562xp is limping now on the low end but I wont pay $100 to get it flashed (Kitsap Tractor has a 2 hr pay ip front minimum on all diagnostic work)

Im local to you let me know if I can help in any way.
Wow..... well , that's exactly why I will be keeping my regular carbureted saws with screws.....what a pain in the ass.

Wow..... well , that's exactly why I will be keeping my regular carbureted saws with screws.....what a pain in the ass.

Yeah, my part of the PNW is not a good place to own a Husky. But, I'd rather send my saw to Terry than try to deal with the ego's at the dealers around here. Plus the AT saws work really well most of the time. And the manufacturers are trying as hard as they can to make it so you can't turn those screws yourself anyway. I just tried to get the tool to adjust the H and L screws on my Stihl blower the other day. The dealer said it was illegal to sell me one!

this is the saw in question now on my bench. the saw had a cylinder leak. you can see the black part of the base gasket in the pic. that's where it was getting air. this saw should have been properly checked and warrantied by the dealer he took it to. that's ok,wicked work saw has him covered. Husqvarna has authorized a cylinder replacement,and will be covering it under warranty. like I said before ,a warranty is only as good as your dealer.

View attachment 447396
Thanks for helping me out with this one Terry! I'm looking forward to getting it back ported and seeing what it can do!

View attachment 447396
Nice job!!

Yeah, my part of the PNW is not a good place to own a Husky. But, I'd rather send my saw to Terry than try to deal with the ego's at the dealers around here. Plus the AT saws work really well most of the time. And the manufacturers are trying as hard as they can to make it so you can't turn those screws yourself anyway. I just tried to get the tool to adjust the H and L screws on my Stihl blower the other day. The dealer said it was illegal to sell me one!
eBay, man, eBay. carb adjustment screwdrivers are all over the place on there lately. Also, Amazon has a set of the four common types for less than $15

I seized my 562 this afternoon. The saw was running poorly and would die at idle whenever I would put it down. I noticed it was really hot so I pulled the muffler, the piston is scored to heck. The saw is under warranty for another month, but the local dealers are not very helpful. Only one is a "Servicing Dealer" and none of them actually sell Husky saws. I've been to the servicing dealer when the saw was newer and they weren't very helpful (I was having a hot start issue and still am...er was) I'm going to take it in to them tomorrow, but I don't have much hope. They don't even have the Auto Tune diagnostic stuff.

Has anyone else lean seized an auto tune saw? I kind of thought it would be impossible if everything was working right.

I live near Seattle, WA. Does anyone know of a good dealer in the area? Any advice of what to do if Husqvarna and the dealer won't warranty the saw. Unfortunately I think this is likely.
If it hasn't been said already go down to Madsens they are in Chehalis WA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

eBay, man, eBay. carb adjustment screwdrivers are all over the place on there lately. Also, Amazon has a set of the four common types for less than $15
Yeah, I know that's where I bought one from. I just think it's ridiculous to claim that it would be illegal for them to sell me one.

Latest posts

Back