880/084 differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of two 084 muffler backs..

The one without the tubes is just open inside...

attachment.php

I have pics of the HD style 084 and non HD air filter/ covers if anyone is interested

Here are the 084 HD and std pics.

First couple are of the HD setup and the last couple are the STD filter.

The std filter doesn't seal that well on the perimeter of the filter...

The hd stuf can be put on, you just need the filter back, new hd filter cover, hd filter, and the two thumbscrews for the carb..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I had the muffler back on the right, but was all opened up,wink wink. Now I have the back muffler half on the left on her. Does anyone know if you can just buy the 084 muffler caps? Either cap style would be ok used too. I dont need the complete muffler now.
I also have the HD filter set up. Thanks for posting pics Steve. learner the ole girl pretty fast and one heck of a ride she is in the frozen poplar today. :biggrinbounce2:

Where yaw getting those old cheap metal mufflers at. Big John has a cast iron muffler that will never rust out,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

What inside that big EPA cast iron muffler? :hmm3grin2orange:

Kevin, you can buy just the covers, I am not at home right now, but I can get the part numbers for both style covers.

I have a cover just like the one you pictured that I'll give up, but I think it is dented. I'll have to check it out to make sure though.

I had the muffler back on the right, but was all opened up,wink wink. Now I have the back muffler half on the left on her. Does anyone know if you can just buy the 084 muffler caps? Either cap style would be ok used too. I dont need the complete muffler now.
I also have the HD filter set up. Thanks for posting pics Steve. learner the ole girl pretty fast and one heck of a ride she is in the frozen poplar today. :biggrinbounce2:

Just look at the numbers on your IPL....

More cast iron, what the hell ya think is in there,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Just checking :biggrinbounce2:

I got the part numbers steve, just didnt know if i could still get them new and without the back halfs.
Dented and the funny looking all hole style, I dont care what she looks like. Long as the ole girl runs. Beauty is in the eye of the saw owner. ;)

What inside that big EPA cast iron muffler? :hmm3grin2orange:

Just air.... Not EPA - It's actually an OSHA muffler... Deadens the sound better than sheet steel. And it needs it - mine makes my ears ring at idle.

The cool thing about the 088/880 muffler is you can just unscrew the entire deflecter side and put in whatever size/outlet replacement you like.

The cool thing about the 088/880 muffler is you can just unscrew the entire deflecter side and put in whatever size/outlet replacement you like.

Could you show us more on this? Sounds like a neat idea, if it isnt all baffled up inside.

Back