Ain't it cute! MS150TC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost walked out the door with one thus. But then I said to myself that's to much
I could get a husq. 543, the dealer told me that it going to replace the 192

15 inches (and dismantles) is/are pushing it no matter what the mods are. This is not a saw for takedowns. Would certainly pull out a 200 201 series before applying this saw. But if that is all you have...?

There may be light powered top handled saws that compare to this but I doubt they are this light and most important...they are not Stihl. Ergonomics, dependability, usable power and the last and equally important aspect ...longevity and toughness. I have already used this saw many many hours pruning and even had it torn out of my hands and dropped 15 or 20' and it took it in stride.

But this new 201...the worst saw for pro s Stihl has EVER produced hands down.

To be fair, I had quoted for a reduction on this tree, but after knocking off a few branches, the person wanted it took down as much as possible, so I took it down to a pole and felledView attachment 312421 I think you can make out the rope for scale
View attachment 312422 to this point it was done with a 150, then I switched up to a bigger saw

There's nothing wrong with a 192. It is a very nicely balanced top handle for "occasional use". That's what stihl designed it for, that's how they marketed it, and it does that very well. Most 192 bashers didn't want to pony up for a 200, and then complain when the 192 doesn't hold up to constant daily use. My dad needed a saw for little stuff around the house and woodworking projects, so I got him a 180. It's all he needs, starts easy, and he probably hasn't run 5 tanks through it in 6 months. That's what a 180 is designed for. A lot of models get a bad rap because somebody buys a homeowner grade saw and expects pro grade performance. That's what intrigues me about this lil 150, because they are marketing it as a commercial saw. Be interesting to see how it holds up.

The 150 and the 201 are made in Germany where as the 192 is not

I'm still thinking about that 150 I had in my hand thus. Just don't know if I want to wait on the 543xp or get the 150 I had a 201 stolen from last wk looking to replace it I need a small saw and the 150 is just that I had a 192 and they suck at least the I had wasn't that impressed with the 201 but the 150 is small and light and I could use that for what I going to use it for

Yeah Brad, I am happy with the mod but still not up to a 200 in the half hour on the woodpile. I assume it will get better with use and some carb tweaking. I got it to peak better than when we met but not getting the firepower off the line I want.

We got hit with a storm last night and I am loaded with giant removals so I will be using it all week starting Tues. Looking forward to it.

Yeah Brad, I am happy with the mod but still not up to a 200 in the half hour on the woodpile. I assume it will get better with use and some carb tweaking. I got it to peak better than when we met but not getting the firepower off the line I want.

We got hit with a storm last night and I am loaded with giant removals so I will be using it all week starting Tues. Looking forward to it.

They need to be lean on the L needle for best throttle response. Big storm ehh? Hope my place is OK!

I didn't touch the L yet but will. I think we got sort of a localized heavy blow. Took a mcycle ride out to Brookville lake today and saw very little damage.

Brad I was comparing my 335 husq to the 201 both stock I liked the husq better but for some reason everyone does too both of them had been stolen one out of my truck the other out of my
Garage.
It sound like the 150 with the mm would be a good little replacement how big was the hole did you put in the 150 muffer

It's a nice light and ergamonic saw for small pruning ... I would not use it for much else you can't chase cuts with it but a simple muffler mod makes a big difference, my only gripe has been oiling issues just like the stihl pole saw....I may try drilling a larger oiler hole to see if that makes a difference.

I have not had issue with oiling but then I am only making small <8" pruning cuts with it.

There is more analogy to this saw to pole chainsaws than the oiling. They both MUST be sharp to be useful (incl proper raker ht.) and they both have specific use but are indispensable for those specific uses. Both finesse saws you can't rush.

Latest posts

Back