Ain't it cute! MS150TC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oil holes on both the pole saw and 150 i have found block unless clean regularly.. In the case of the 150 its almost daily if used a lot ,from my experience with it any way.. I figured a larger oiler hole in the bar may cure this as the only time I clean the bar oil holes out is when I rotate the bar on any of my other saws and they don't have issues not oiling.

I like the pole saw analogy. They are both very specialized tools, and for a climber a pound or two makes a big difference by the end of the day. I do a lot of fine pruning, where it's all silky and 200. Might climb all day and never cut anything over 6". Having 2lbs. Less hanging off my saddle would be very nice.

Yeah it's a big difference from a 200 in weight and bulk, I rarley use a silky on pruning now,the cut on the 150 is so accurate and fine the sugoi, natanoko and tsurgi have been hardly used in months!

Yes Brad, it is certainly cute

looking @ the pic of it cutting I couldn't help but wonder if you're a fisherman-

That 2x2 is so close to the camera, I think I can see staple holes from the sticker

luck,greg

Yeah it is cute, the sprocket is tiny. The place I was at had a salesman and he talked me into picking it up. They put the big one 880 or something way up high need a step ladder to get it down don't want folks picking that one up. Not sure how long the 150 has been available I inquired about how many they had sold, pretty close 4 or five so far this year. They had the stihl chain loop I was looking for back next to the echo saws.

I haven't had the chance to run a 150 yet (may be getting one as a demo) but the balance is very nice and I can definitely see a place for these things. I highly doubt I'll buy one to replace my 200T's but they are a very nice little saw for their intended purpose.

I haven't had the chance to run a 150 yet (may be getting one as a demo) but the balance is very nice and I can definitely see a place for these things. I highly doubt I'll buy one to replace my 200T's but they are a very nice little saw for their intended purpose.

Just keep one in the glove box for emergencies ;)

I use the ms150 all the time, so light on saddle, great buy for in tree saw on small med. stuff.

Deadwooding pecan tree and removing branches over roof...

I'm not a professional tree worker, but I have done a few dismantles/removals. Seems I always get requests for jobs that require rigging everything out of the tree. Anyways, I've owned a Stihl MS250 for many trouble-free years, and my first in-tree saw was the MS192. Does it perform like the 200 or 201? That really doesn't matter to me because I'm not out to make a profit (do work for friends & neighbors). I find the MS192 is quite sufficient for my needs, including blocking down a spar. I first spied the MS150 a few months back in Culpeper, VA and I could not get it out of my head. So I bought one in May from a dealer in Virginia Beach for $439.

Again, I'm no pro, but I am 55 years old. The light weight of the MS150 is perfect in my book for those occasional days when I'm in the tree for 4 or 5 hours straight.

Looks good, Brad. Thanks for sharing the pictures and videos of it. Saw the youtube videos on my youtube and they look really good.

Well I was a little in press with this little saw it was wanted I was looking for packing in to metal detect a spot that needs to be clean up or camping and hunting without taking up a lot of spaceView attachment 313908

I guess what I should say is it light wt and I can Backpack it to the spots that I'm going to
Be hunting or camping and it will do a good job clearing a spot to metal det or cut camp firewood

Sorry, but that made no sense to me.

Yep can't wait to carve a turkey with it
I tested one out on some 8" hickory and was surprise how it cut for such a small chain

Back