Ain't it cute! MS150TC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, new here. Great forum.

Just picked-up a new MS 262 CM and MS 150 T CE. Saw this thread on the MS 150 and wondered how they are holding up. Don't plan to use either saw commercially. I have two trees to take down at the house and then only firewood duty going forward.

John

Congratulations on the new tools! I've used my MS 150 on only a couple removals and 3 or 4 trimmings and it hasn't missed a beat. The only reason I'll take up something larger in a tree (like my MS 192) is if I'm going to block down some of the main spar. With the 262 and 150, you've got a great combination of saws.

Brad, thanks for the great review, I've only sold a couple of the 150's and the owner's both love them. The saws niche is really the commercial orchard owner or blueberry farmer, is is marketed as a lightweight pruning saw. Unfortuately the price is holding sales to a minimun,despite the obvious quality difference between it and other saws. The 192 continues to outsell it by a large margin. I'm betting on the rear handle MS 241CM being a much faster mover if the price point is similar. It'll be a great groundie saw. Stihl really needs to find a tweener between the current 192 and 201 that offers a more robust design than the current 192t, they have the room as there is such a gap in price point. Even though the shop has carried Echo longer than Stihl, over 35 years, we can't get many to even look at them as we can't match internet pricing.

Congratulations on the new tools! I've used my MS 150 on only a couple removals and 3 or 4 trimmings and it hasn't missed a beat. The only reason I'll take up something larger in a tree (like my MS 192) is if I'm going to block down some of the main spar. With the 262 and 150, you've got a great combination of saws.

Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to using both. Also look forward to the getting the new saws into a tree this month. Last saw I had in tree was a Mac 10-10 pro with a 24" bar. Man that thing is heavy. Actually weighed it the other day after bringing home the new Stihls - 17.9 lbs with no fuel! That puts the 150 at about 11 lbs lighter :rock:.

Latest posts

Back