Another $400 box of Chinese takeout!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the meantime we can get sidetracked with some crow pie.:hmm3grin2orange:

Sing a song of sixpence,
pocket full of rye,
four and twenty crows
baked in a pie.
When the pie was opened,
the crows began to sing:
isn’t that a dainty dish
to set before the King?

The King is in his counting-house
counting down his banning;
the Queen is in the parlor
eating bread and honey;
the Maid is in the garden
hanging up the clothes,
when down swoops a crow
and snaps off her nose!

I'll freely admit to taking some literary license with this one. :hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

Last edited:
While we have deemed the saw is genuine, the real news is the top dollar it brought for a 1997 saw. $420 plus $40 shipping, ouch! The shipping seems somewhat steep. I bought a brand new 365 Special PHO a couple of years ago for $500 plus $20 shipping from an authorized dealer who had several. Sounds like they hold their value well at certain times.

Last edited:
While we have deemed the saw is genuine, the real news is the top dollar it brought for a 1997 saw. $420 plus $40 shipping, ouch! The shipping seems somewhat steep. I bought a brand new 365 Special PHO a couple of years ago for $500 plus $20 shipping from an authorized dealer who had several. Sounds like they hold their value well at certain times.

I paid between 30 and 40 dollars to send a small saw from Indiana to California. The USPS has raised their postage by quite a bit this last month. I don't know about the other carriers but I'm betting they'll raise their rates too if they haven't already..

I paid between 30 and 40 dollars to send a small saw from Indiana to California. The USPS has raised their postage by quite a bit this last month. I don't know about the other carriers but I'm betting they'll raise their rates too if they haven't already..

Yeah, nothing hardly ever goes down in cost. The saw i received came UPS ground, but im sure there rates have changed also, but a 100% increase would be steep.

Thanks man!!!, but the buyer got an open port for sure hopefully legit, maybe
boy, this internet thing really is a hoax , isn't it?

Dang, I can see selling some 365s in my future :msp_thumbup:...that's $110 MORE than I just payed for a mint, low hour, 2011 365X-torq with two new chains!!!!
This tells me I either got a smoking deal(yes, I'm bragging :msp_tongue:), or this guy really KNOWs how to market a saw! :laugh:

I have (5) 365s now. 2 are 365s, 2 are 365 SPs, and one is the new 71cc X-torq. My last 365 I picked up for $15, and the P/C is pristine!! :D
The 3 jugs look identical, they are ALL quad port jugs. One of the specials didn't have a jug on it.
7hpjim, if you have actual proof that there is such a thing as an "open port" 365 jug out there in cyberspace, post a picture on the internet and prove it please. From my findings on 365 jugs so far it is just an internet myth started by Saw Troll :hmm3grin2orange:

Ahh, this is nothing. Last night was my boy's Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Thank goodness we didn't win because I was taking some crap for my "preparations." No, I didn't cheat, but I sure went DEEP in between the lines :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:.

Food for thought.

In the meantime we can get sidetracked with some crow pie.:hmm3grin2orange:

Sing a song of sixpence,
pocket full of rye,
four and twenty crows
baked in a pie.
When the pie was opened,
the crows began to sing:
isn’t that a dainty dish
to set before the King?

The King is in his counting-house
counting down his banning;
the Queen is in the parlor
eating bread and honey;
the Maid is in the garden
hanging up the clothes,
when down swoops a crow
and snaps off her nose!

I'll freely admit to taking some literary license with this one. :hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

Would be so much better with a vid! :msp_ohmy: :msp_tongue:

OP, maybe next time a question rather than an accusing statement may go over better.

I know there are lots of things I haven't seen even at 47 years old. AND, just because I haven't seen them, doesn't mean they don't exist. This may help you in other areas of life also. Food for thought. Wish you well. With your collection of orange, it does look like you have a lot of knowledge to share about Husqvarna chainsaws. (Guys, did you know that Husqvarna is in Chromes spell checker? A word using "q" without a "u" ;) ) Knowledge is power. Knowing how to use the knowledge is wisdom. (at least that's my take on it.)

Oh, another thought about items made in China. If it wasn't for China, many of us may not have computers today. Take a close look at the country of origin. I'm not stating that copying others work is right, just stating facts as I see it. I remember as a kid many things coming out of Japan were low on the quality scale. Look at them now! Japan's quality is the benchmark for others to reach in many things.

WoW! I'd better get down before I'm pulled down! LoL!

Stepping down off of soap box and goes and sites in a corner by himself... :msp_ohmy: :hmm3grin2orange:​

Last edited:
Would be so much better with a vid! :msp_ohmy: :msp_tongue:

OP, maybe next time a question rather than an accusing statement may go over better.

I know there are lots of things I haven't seen even at 47 years old. AND, just because I haven't seen them, doesn't mean they don't exist. This may help you in other areas of life also. Food for thought. Wish you well. With your collection of orange, it does look like you have a lot of knowledge to share about Husqvarna chainsaws. (Guys, did you know that Husqvarna is in Chromes spell checker? A word using "q" without a "u" ;) ) Knowledge is power. Knowing how to use the knowledge is wisdom. (at least that's my take on it.)

Oh, another thought about items made in China. If it wasn't for China, many of us may not have computers today. Take a close look at the country of origin. I'm not stating that copying others work is right, just stating facts as I see it. I remember as a kid many things coming out of Japan were low on the quality scale. Look at them now! Japan's quality is the benchmark for others to reach in many things.

WoW! I'd better get down before I'm pulled down! LoL!

Stepping down off of soap box and goes and sites in a corner by himself... :msp_ohmy: :hmm3grin2orange:​

People in the US will probably change their mind about China in the near future..they're using the money we give them to fund the biggest military in history...

People in the US will probably change their mind about China in the near future..they're using the money we give them to fund the biggest military in history...

not the money 'given' to them, all the money owed to them!

China is a funny place. They can really make things to any standard asked of them. There is incredible manufacturing capability and they can produce machine goods as good as any in the world when the customer wants that. Unfortunately, they also don't seem to care one bit about ethics, copyright laws, human rights and all those other pesky little nuisances that most of the world has to consider when conducting business.

China is a funny place. They can really make things to any standard asked of them. There is incredible manufacturing capability and they can produce machine goods as good as any in the world when the customer wants that. Unfortunately, they also don't seem to care one bit about ethics, copyright laws, human rights and all those other pesky little nuisances that most of the world has to consider when conducting business.

...and the reason we have lost all the manufacturing plants that aren't here now....USA shoots itself in foot, then shoots the other one from being in shock!!! :msp_razz:

Ahh, this is nothing. Last night was my boy's Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Thank goodness we didn't win because I was taking some crap for my "preparations." No, I didn't cheat, but I sure went DEEP in between the lines :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:.

Back (in the dark ages) when I went through the Pinewood Derby thing my dad raced SS/JA with a 66 Plymouth Valiant. What do you think we were accused of and all I did was runner up.....yeah, he could "read between the lines".

Back (in the dark ages) when I went through the Pinewood Derby thing my dad raced SS/JA with a 66 Plymouth Valiant. What do you think we were accused of and all I did was runner up.....yeah, he could "read between the lines".

:laugh: Yup, btdt. Love me some PWD action. See all kinds of dads cars running :hmm3grin2orange:
Funny thing is we're doing a PWD in our Scout troop this month just for the fun of it. I'm trying to get our scouts to show me if they've honed any craftsmanship skills in the past 3-6 years. :msp_thumbup:

BTW, Dark Ages huh?? You're only 2 months older than me....heck I had to do all of my car by myself, dad was long gone. I came in last. But I think I've made up for it...

Last edited:

Actually both. We've given them money and we still owe them more. Even though we're unofficially broke I've heard we're considering giving China some foreign aid for the poorer folks in that country. I guess Chinese don't believe in charity for their citizens either.

Latest posts

Back