Anyone Port a MS 362 C-M???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope you do get your 362 ported as I'm very curious to see how it responds. I would bet that you would be blown away in terms of acceleration and rpm's in the cut. Do it. It just might out-run a ported 562...

Well that and the 9010 Dolmar...The 372 is a screamer, although it's a totally different theory of operation than a 460/1 or the 9010... It has plenty of torque, but the 372 is all about RPM and high-end running. Think Blue-printed 327, 302 or an Indy car. The 460/1 and similar saws are more akin to a 454 or 460. Hammer the pedal and let the torque do the talking. The 9010 is along that line. It seems to run noticeably faster than a stock one, but it seems to pull like a Peterbilt for the 2 tanks I've been able to run through it so far (I received it 3 days before having shoulder surgery). I should be running it soon and have access to a quarter section of ground with somewhere between 18-30 LARGE Hedge trees. One is around 50"+ DBH. That tree will be the real test and I'll know a lot more about that saw then.
Hedge will make a man or boy out of it :clap:

I really hope you do get your 362 ported as I'm very curious to see how it responds. I would bet that you would be blown away in terms of acceleration and rpm's in the cut.

I think you will get your wish soon enough, your comments about running a ported 562 were the last straw. The plan is to have it done before my busy tax season ends on 4/15. Thanks for the explanation on the other saws. Was not familiar with the 9010, but my brother has a 460. I like your analogy in the previous post, those 044s & 372 do like to scream, but I'm sure a lot of people running smaller saws will be shocked you compare 70 cc saws to small blocks!

Having built many engines back it the day (289, 351 C, 390 & Ford 427), and driving rigs when I worked for the moving company, I really appreciate your analogy, it was spot on. The 351 C with the big ports & valves thrived on RPMs, the 427 was a torque monster from 1,000 to 6,800, and the 390 with a more aggressive cam was faster than both of them. All 3 were faster than my Stock 68 428 CJ (I know I should have kept it, I know, I know).

Looking forward to your report on the big saw, and that 562 when you get it done.

There are some good AM replacement cylinders out there......but in the big bores all I've seen that I liked were the 372XP 52mm kit that weedeaterman, and Matt sell. The 7900 85cc kit they have is pretty damn nice too.

don't forget to mention the brittle rings and crappy circlips. coupled with less power and performance most often than the oem original size bore

I get the picture, Thanks, both of you. I had seen a lot of people posting about using big bore kits on 12 mm 044s and 440 on this website. I have never done it, and was not familiar with the problems. Good to know for everyone out there. I guess if you want a 460/461, you have to find one.

Latest posts

Back