Anything as good as a 200T?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my experience, as I never owned a Stihl,,, actually ran one for the first time last week!!!! But,, I went thru a low milage Poulan 2300CVA, that puts a smile on my face every time I use it!!! The older Poulan S25D (avatar) is a top handle saw that was pretty popular back in the day...
Just an thought for a different make saw...

Just my experience, as I never owned a Stihl,,, actually ran one for the first time last week!!!! But,, I went thru a low milage Poulan 2300CVA, that puts a smile on my face every time I use it!!! The older Poulan S25D (avatar) is a top handle saw that was pretty popular back in the day...
Just an thought for a different make saw...
Its funny you mention Poulan..my dad just gave me a minty 3050 and 2300AV both pretty old but in great shape. The little 2300 shocked me with its balls...the chain speed is lacking but it’s got good power.

Its funny you mention Poulan..my dad just gave me a minty 3050 and 2300AV both pretty old but in great shape. The little 2300 shocked me with its balls...the chain speed is lacking but it’s got good power.
HA,,, If 2300 has good compression, and no air leaks,,, open the muffler and re tune it,,, mine is a real screamer... Its a reed valve engine, not highest RPM, but lotsa torque... That 2300 is likely the newest saw I own!!!! I like those old mag case Poulans...
Good luck with yours!

HA,,, If 2300 has good compression, and no air leaks,,, open the muffler and re tune it,,, mine is a real screamer... Its a reed valve engine, not highest RPM, but lotsa torque... That 2300 is likely the newest saw I own!!!! I like those old mag case Poulans...
Good luck with yours!

I guess I misspoke , the saws were given to me to be sold on c-list. I guess if I wanted them he’d give them to me but I’m just send them down the road.

Back