ArborWare "tech" pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was refering to flesh when I said the silky cut deeper and faster than the fanno. I still would get small cuts through my gloves with the fanno but the gloves would protect me for the most part. With the silky I get cut and ruin the gloves.:mad:

I don't want to imply that I'm getting cut with my hand saw every week, I'm not. I'd like to never get cut but I seem to every other month or so. I've never gone to the hospital for a hand saw cut but I still could do without them. Guess I need to be more careful.

I have shed more than my fair share of blood to my Zubat when I fist got it. After gettin sliced a few times I gained mucho respect for that little piece of equipment.

Kenn:Monkey:

Yah, but they sure command a hefty purchase price.:(

Xander, are those keloids I'm seeing? It could be the pic. If so, ya shoulda got some stitches... or didja?:confused:

Originally posted by Mike Maas
I wore them out to dinner with my mom, as dress pants, after working in them two weeks or so.
That sums it all up right there! I'm getting a pair. :D

I think he's hinting at Mike's Mom

smileyshot.gif

MB,
Yeah I should have gotten stitches but I just don't have 6 hours to spend in the ER to get 5 minutes worth of stitches. My wife usually stitches me but I did this in the morning and didn't get home for 11 hours so it was too late.

I need to retract everything bad I ever said about Arborwear products. I purchased two pairs of seconds from Arborwear at the Paul Bunyan Show in Nelsonville, Ohio. I love them. They were only $20 if you purchased two or more pairs. I just called them to see if I could get anymore of the seconds (I still don't want to spend $50 on something I can destroy in a day). They have plenty in my size so I bought 9 pairs and 4 of their belts for my employees. I like the belts because they can be used as a tourniquet in an emergency and they don't interfere with my saddle. The reason the pants I bought were seconds is the seam on the side of the pant had a little fold in one part of it. I had to look for several minutes to find it. I have worn one of the pairs for 5 washings and they still look like new. They really do make an outstanding product. If you buy in bulk you can get a discount on the first quality pants. I don't have the details but they are giving them to me at TCI when I pick up my pants (so I don't pay shipping).

comparing AW pants to dickies or Walmart pants:rolleyes: is like comparing a Stihl or husky to the Wild thing from the home depot.
If you havent actually worn them, dont knock them. They are THE most comfortable pants ive ever worn. I dont particularly care for the originals because they get a bit warm on hot days. Ive got several of the blue jeans and like them so much I wear them on my off days. Yes, the tech pants price is up there but i'll try them soon im sure.
Im sure many of you wear 80 dollar or more boots, 50-75 dollar helmets, and 100 dollar jackets. Living in the north and working "real" winters my long underwear alone runs near 50 bucks for tops and bottoms. Throw in some good synthetic socks at 8-10 bucks a pair.

Its all about comfort, you could climb with a bowline on a bight for the cost of the rope to make it,so why wear a 2-300 saddle?

I think its funny how people will drop ridiculious amounts of money on a new set of golf clubs, hunting guns, or fishing gear which will only get used a mere fraction of the time, but will "cheap out" on good working equipment and gear which will get used near everyday.:dizzy:

I cannot say for sure, but Id be willing to bet the tech pants will last longer than any pair of regular jeans, for that matter thed probably outlast many pairs.
The fabric is very tough, I havent worn them but I have seen them.

Originally posted by netree
For that matter... what do you pay for jeans? They can get wrecked in a day.

Dang they must sell shoddy jeans up north! My wranglers last me at least a year, even longer.

I like wrangers too but MY boss doesn't allow the "power blues" at work. We are a uniformed company. We all must look alike and I do my best

X9727

"People will believe what you say and like it or not you'll share some responsibility for their action." Xander, you sound like a liberal that is in no way going to be the one who takes responsibility for your own actions. It's someone elses fault first? If they are unable to think for themselves it's your fault they can't? I don't buy that idea. You need the pants if you're going to blame the other guy, not for the protection but so you won't have to take responsibilty for your own mishaps.

To the question of, "hav ya seen the value of the dollar against the euro lately?" 1.27/1 the past week, maybe I spend too much time traveling. A liter of gas was 1.09 euro most of it being tax.

Originally posted by BigJohn
I like wrangers too but MY boss doesn't allow the "power blues" at work. We are a uniformed company. We all must look alike and I do my best

BJ- since you are uniformed, does your boss supply you with your duds?, or do you foot the bill?

The uniforms are supplied. We pay like 3 bucks a week for cleaning. It sucks though since I am tall and not fat. The long sleeved shirts do not fit. They said at the uniform co they could fit me but as knew they couldn't. Its the curse of being built like a monkey.

Its not cintas I can see the truck but can't picture the name. I'll have to check on that. I know they don'e carry tall sizes

Back