Bad news

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VAJerry

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Came home house was 70 on thermometer. OWB still burning, pipes in basement luke warm. Pump must be out. Only two years! Any thoughts?

Can you do a load check and see how many amps its pulling?

If it is a Taco just get a Bell & Gossett and be done with it. :popcorn:

Have not had a chance to open it up yet. I am getting some good places to start. Cannot hear the pump running but I don't ever remember hearing it.

The only time I could hear mine is when it was squealing,turned it off and on a few times and it was cured.I cant hardly even feel it running with my hand on it.

Check for air trapped in the line, right after the pump connector.
Had this happen to me when I first started this year, took me about an hour to figure out what was wrong. Crack open the connection and see if you get any air out of the line....

My first thought is an air lock. At the pump pull the plug on the pump and listen for air gurgling, if you hear it there is air in the pump. To get to air out unplug the pump for 30 seconds, then let it run for 30 seconds. Keep doing that until it doesn’t gurgle any more when you unplug the pump. HTH

If it is a Taco pump you will hear it humming.Or put your hand on it and you should feel some kind of vibration.I have my pump and freezer in the basement tied to my basement stair light.I do not go in the freezer everyday but I usually go in the basement staircase to get my workboots everyday.That way if the light is out I know the freezer or pump are not working.Good way to keep tabs on not loosing a freezer full of food.

If it is a Taco pump you will hear it humming.Or put your hand on it and you should feel some kind of vibration.I have my pump and freezer in the basement tied to my basement stair light.I do not go in the freezer everyday but I usually go in the basement staircase to get my workboots everyday.That way if the light is out I know the freezer or pump are not working.Good way to keep tabs on not loosing a freezer full of food.

Before you put your hand on the pump make sure your water temp is down - found out the hard way that when the temp readout says 185, it means "too hot to touch the pump that is mounted 2 feet away".

Latest posts

Back