Baileys 372xp muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kallaste

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have one,but it does not look like the factory muffler. Its the same shape and everything, but it only has one round exhaust outlet and no baffle inside. I got it to do a muffler mod,but it looks like it is already modded. Just 1 round port on the front left side. It looks to be about 3/8 to 7/16 tube. Any idea if it will be less or more restrictive than the factory muffler? Anyone have any idea what I have gotten ahold of?

Thanks Steve..:confused:

Not sure what muffler you have. For the 372, Baileys is listing a DF version US forrest approved muffler as a replacement for the standard OEM muffler. Give Baileys a blast via email or phone and see if they can give you some info on your muffler.

Howdy,
Sorry about that. Let me know what your order number or account number is and I'll get you the correct one.
Gregg

Howdy All,
I just had the warehouse inspect our inventory of these mufflers and they did find some of the tube type mufflers. If anybody on here has received one of these by mistake, please contact us as soon as possible. We'll arrange to have it picked up and get the correct one to you. We are trying to contact everyone who has purchased a muffler under this number to make it right.
Thanks All
Gregg

My brother just bought one of these off of epay. It has a baffle but no spark arrest on it. He got it thinking it was hi performance ported muffler. Any performance difference with this or does he need to put another port in it and well as a spark arrester?

Billy

Yes, just give us a call. I notified everyone in sales, so they should know what you're talking about. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Gregg

Yes, just give us a call. I notified everyone in sales, so they should know what you're talking about. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Gregg

I got the muffler at the gtg. If it will fit the 372 I will keep it because I wanted it to do a muffler mod anyway. Will it fit?

Thanks Steve..

My brother just bought one of these off of epay. It has a baffle but no spark arrest on it.

Yeah, I've got one of those...about a 20mm hole through the baffle...12mm exit out the muffler...

I have an IPL that lists this as 503 76 53-01 Tube, which is the number the seller said it replaces...

Mine's a heavy, well made bugger. I bought it to mod...but I believe I'll mod the stocker since there's no internal baffle.

The tube type is sometimes referred to as jungle type muffler. I would say that it would have better performance than the stock muffler. I've seen people selling them on the net but, we didn't want to because of the non existent spark screen.

Cool!! I think I will bolt it up and see what it does,then maybe add another port to it!!

Thanks Steve..

Impressed

Howdy,
Sorry about that. Let me know what your order number or account number is and I'll get you the correct one.
Gregg

Hey Gregg:

What I'm impressed about is the fact that you are offering help to Bailey's customers here on AS. I'm a customer also and am impressed with the company. Just bought myself a belated Christmas present-- the Univent. Thanks for keeping an eye on us here.

Mark

Hey Gregg:

What I'm impressed about is the fact that you are offering help to Bailey's customers here on AS. I'm a customer also and am impressed with the company. Just bought myself a belated Christmas present-- the Univent. Thanks for keeping an eye on us here.

Mark

Yeah he does too I can attest to that. They need to keep him excellent
customer service top notch.

Back