Best Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
:spam: What is everyones opinion on the best chainsaw ever produced. Not the brand but the model. I am not trying to start a stihl and husky arguement but want to hear of old and new saws I know I'll hear 440,372,361 and so on let's hear it. Don't forget to add why.

I would have to say my Stihl MS360Pro, because it is my go to saw for most anything and it has NEVER let me down! Close second would be my 372XP, because it lives up to all the hype and its even better since Big Dave laid his hands on it! Check them in action on My YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/user/scsawman

I'm a Husky fan, but I have to say the 044 is a hard saw to beat.

I think the 044 or the 395xp.

The 044 is so smooth and well balanced with a 24" bar, has good looks and is a reliable as they come. It does use alot of gas for a 70cc saw and mine lacks the decomp and almost everyone I've seen have a crack on the butt of the handle.

The 395xp is a powerhouse, well balanced with a 28 bar, very, very reliable and well manner for a big saw. Not bad on gas for a 90cc saw. It is heavy for any overhead work the only bad I can think of.

Nuff Said

attachment.php

Jonsered 2094, only because I just got it and really like it. I'm sure the next saw I buy will take it's perch at the top after I get it. The "Saw Du Jour" so to speak.

Best is a relative term. What might be the best for one person may not be the best for someone else.
Just as a 35cc saw is great for limbing but is limited in terms of bar length, a saw that is 50cc-80cc would be great for felling but would wear you out if you tried to limb with it.
The overall best saw I have ever used would be a Stihl MS290, but for some people that saw would probably be too small.

I'm putting in multiple votes for McCulloch Super Pro 125, early Husky 3120, and Stihl 088.:clap:

I like my Mac SP125c. Why? It cuts good and draws a crowd. But, reason number one is that it sounds so good. Like hearing a good, familiar voice from the past.

Joat

260 followed by 372

Both reliable, light and easy to work on and use. For low money the 260 is the best saw Ive ever had and one i regret selling.

My 575 and 441 are nice as modern saws but they are heavyer and more complicated.

Back