Best saw tool you have ever bought

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My laptop, because it allow's me to get on this site, and get all the help, and friend's I need. With certain guy's who specialize in certain area's, and can give you a hand with anything. Also they can tell you what tool's you made need, and where to get them. But key is where to start.

SNAP-ON pick set
Air compressor
Work bench with vise

These are used for many things, not just saws, and have paid for themselves may times over.

SNAP-ON pick set
Air compressor
Work bench with vise

These are used for many things, not just saws, and have paid for themselves may times over.

I use a vise that's on a post about 3 1/2 feet off the ground. 360 degree accessibility, ideal for chain and ax sharpening. Figure id share a picture of my racing ax View attachment 211152 NOTE: a file has never touched the blade of THIS ax. Only honing stones that cost more than i'd like to share.....just kidding, they're about a $100 a piece.

oregon 511ax,,, makita lithium impact driver,,, vacuum tester,, and hemostats and sometimes beer

My log splitter?

Actually, I'd need to go with my MityVac 8500. Beats pissin' up a rope guessin' at stuff and tearin' into a project half-assed on a wing and a prayer thinkin' you're gonna get lucky with an "easy fix" any day -- with whatever other tools ya wanna throw at it.

Can't beat a vac/pressure test for determining the tools you're really gonna need to tackle whatever new project challenge is sittin'on yer bench.

Poge

Last edited:
girlfriends stockings ...they work awesome as a pre-filter ,keeps all the fines out ..

girlfriends stockings ...they work awesome as a pre-filter ,keeps all the fines out ..

I remember a few years ago listening to Car Talk on NPR. Some volcano in AK was erupting and a fellow called in about the volcanic dust getting past the filter in his car. The guys recommended ladies 'hose to keep the dust out. Neat tip! rep for you! Plus a great excuse to get those 'hose off your lady friend.:cheers:

5" long Torx bits for my cordless drill and 19.2 Volt craftsman cordless drill

Makes tearing down saws a whole lot quicker and easier.

Jobsite box to store stuff. Can move with forks
4af031c6-9716-6108.jpg
4af031c6-9729-a544.jpg
4af031c6-973c-374e.jpg

1. PFERD ChainSharp ( Baileys--this tool is better than silicone )

2. Extra thick blood absorbers ( supersize Kotex ) for my blood stopage. ( Found at your local ER or Paramedic station ).

3. Loggers that showed me "how".

4. Youngstown Kevlar gloves.

5. Laphroaig (post woodlot time ).

JMNSHO

My compressor, I'm lost without it. It went down early in the summer and it seemed my saw rebuilding came to a halt.

Latest posts

Back