Bulk Fuel Storage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours comes untreated, and about the contract thing I've just never thought of it. I have a spare 2k tank that I only fill if the price comes way down. It sometimes helps save money when the prices are way up.

Why that's a good thing means your working. And it's really not as much as it sounds. I guarantee Marquis is using double or almost, maybe more. We get a pretty good discount from a company called Zeppi. I might have spelled it wrong but they come every other Friday and top them off.

We have used just over 4000 gals since i replaced our fuel meter two and a half weeks ago...I can’t wait for $5 a gallon :msp_thumbdn:

Remediact™ Bioremediation Powder at New Pig | CLN360
Has anyone ever used any of the bio dispersants or remediation products on small spills

it seems if these products work well, it would be well worth it to treat any areas where oil or diesel has spilled at your shop to make a 21E easy if you went to sell your property

Good info.

I think before long we're going to need to build up a containments anyway. It's smart money over the long haul.

Good info.

I think before long we're going to need to build up a containments anyway. It's smart money over the long haul.

FWIW , and this from 20 years ago.....I worked for a rather large outfit that had fuel on site. I guess the EPA came nosen around and made them pour concrete where the trucks would be filled. I remember the new pad, it was pretty damn big to. Much bigger than you may think would be necessary. They also shut down the huge burn pile.......

4K gallons? holy hell how many trucks are you running? I know your big but damn are you guys running any tub grinders?

Those 13 work days we were running 20 diesel Engines (trucks,Chippers, pick ups, stump grinders) split into 5 crews. That works out to around 15 gal a day per engine. Seems more reasonable if u look at it that way. If I have time I will pull the bills from a few months ago when we had 9it crews out, I am curious now.

FWIW , and this from 20 years ago.....I worked for a rather large outfit that had fuel on site. I guess the EPA came nosen around and made them pour concrete where the trucks would be filled. I remember the new pad, it was pretty damn big to. Much bigger than you may think would be necessary. They also shut down the huge burn pile.......

Hoping that life on the farm will keep me buffered from some of that. The epa has bigger fish to fry around hear especially, but ya never know.

Those 13 work days we were running 20 diesel Engines (trucks,Chippers, pick ups, stump grinders) split into 5 crews. That works out to around 15 gal a day per engine. Seems more reasonable if u look at it that way. If I have time I will pull the bills from a few months ago when we had 9it crews out, I am curious now.

You just about need your own fuel truck!! lol!

we have on road Diesel at the shop, 500 gal tank, the fuel company fills it 3 to 4 times a week. No real savings on the fuel price but its a huge labor savings not having all the trucks at gas stations every day. We went with 500 gal tank because there is very little regulation on that size. Honestly we don't track the usage of the fuel at all, we should but its just one more thing.
that sounds like your going to have a lot of gasoline, do u really use that much to justify a tank?

My experience whenever I get a quote on on road diesel is it always costs .20-.30 more per gal. Here in the Philly market I would be glad to get it for the gas station price

My experience whenever I get a quote on on road diesel is it always costs .20-.30 more per gal. Here in the Philly market I would be glad to get it for the gas station price

Jimmy,
a quote for on road diesel delivered to your shop? what quantity per delivery? Is the fuel company supplying the tank and pump?
We have a minimum of 100 gallons or so to avoid a delivery charge which would raise our price over what you see at the local gas stations. Before we bought our shop we had the same fuel company filling all of our trucks, once a week at the farm where we parked, the price was over what the gas stations charged but was worth it for convenience sake.

Jimmy,
a quote for on road diesel delivered to your shop? what quantity per delivery? Is the fuel company supplying the tank and pump?
We have a minimum of 100 gallons or so to avoid a delivery charge which would raise our price over what you see at the local gas stations. Before we bought our shop we had the same fuel company filling all of our trucks, once a week at the farm where we parked, the price was over what the gas stations charged but was worth it for convenience sake.

The quote was for between 250 and 500 gallons per delivery and like I said it was always .20 - .30 higher

Took the first delivery this morning, they didn't have enough on the truck to top me off, so next week they'll be around to finish it off. Ended up getting a thousand gallons. Getting my 93 no eth then. We're set for awhile.

Back