Buying my first chainsaw. Lowe's OK?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to light it up with an oil discussion. Let the newcomer see a real throw down. I see my bait wasn’t enticing enough. But, yes, folks here have been very helpful to me over the years, and entertaining at that! For that I thank you all!

Damn JTM, you tryin to be a Trouble maker? :)

If the Color of the saw, and the bar length didn't do it, and you missed with the oil discussion, One that I surprisingly don't see here too often MIGHT.

It seems that on this Forum, Most seem to acknowledge that FORD is the BEST Truck on the road hands down, although there are a few Mis-guided souls that Like their Dodges/Rams, and even a couple of hold outs, holding their Chevy's together with Bailing wire, Twine and Duct Tape;)

Now if THAT doesn't Light up this forum:blob2:, we've got a bunch of retirement home escapees over running the site :laughing::crazy2:

Doug:cheers:

A Stihl chainsaw with an 18" chain.

I'm still brand new at this, so I'm not familiar with model numbers just yet.
Terminology:
1) 18” refers to bar length, as a rule of thumb should not exceed 1/3 of the size of the motor i.e 60 cc = 20” bar.
2) chain length is defined by the number of drive links and will correspond to bar length as specified by the bar and should be stamped onto the bar itself.
3) insanity is running a 16” bar on a 90 cc saw. Not that I would knock anyone doing such a thing since it would be like the pot calling the kettle black.

Damn JTM, you tryin to be a Trouble maker? :)

If the Color of the saw, and the bar length didn't do it, and you missed with the oil discussion, One that I surprisingly don't see here too often MIGHT.

It seems that on this Forum, Most seem to acknowledge that FORD is the BEST Truck on the road hands down, although there are a few Mis-guided souls that Like their Dodges/Rams, and even a couple of hold outs, holding their Chevy's together with Bailing wire, Twine and Duct Tape;)

Now if THAT doesn't Light up this forum:blob2:, we've got a bunch of retirement home escapees over running the site :laughing::crazy2:

Doug:cheers:
Now that’s what I’m saying.

Are you $hittin Kidding us a 16" bar for an 090? where did you get that?

I don't know Stihl saws, but Hunker spec'ed an 090 at 137 cc's and listed available bars as 21"-72" and 30.6 pounds, No need for a Gym membership if you own an 090:)
they next question is with 137 cc's what are you using a 16" bar for?:confused: Are cutting in the Petrified Forest?;)

Doug
I walked into a stihl shop I'd been going into for years.
Been sold to a know it all.
Never heard of an 075-never made one!

So I asked about the bars he had on sale.

3002 mount.

$10 each. They don't fit anything......how many you want?

.....all of them......all new stihl bars.

I gave Spencer Pacing one 16"...one went to MWC down under.

There was a 21"......and some 36". Most went at cost. Or given away. Lol

Oh. The 090 is ported of course. 16".

My point was folks wanna know what saw you got.

And I have Top handles with 6-8" bars for doing dam faces clearing sumacs.

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures::thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:
I walked into a stihl shop I'd Ben going into for years.

3002 mount.

I walked into a stihl shop I'd Ben going into for years.

3002 mount.

Can't imagine a 16" bar on 137cc saw, but maybe you can't say that you have really lived until you've done it :surprised3:

Doug :cheers:

Terminology:
1) 18” refers to bar length, as a rule of thumb should not exceed 1/3 of the size of the motor i.e 60 cc = 20” bar.
2) chain length is defined by the number of drive links and will correspond to bar length as specified by the bar and should be stamped onto the bar itself.
3) insanity is running a 16” bar on a 90 cc saw. Not that I would knock anyone doing such a thing since it would be like the pot calling the kettle black.
Hey. I lived in northern Alabama. Crazy helps.
Course it does anywhere......

Loved it. Lots of time just across the Tennessee border too.

The 3002 mount does the big Stihl's but also 08 and maybe 07.
That's what they see meant for.

Though Spencer Paving was happy and I don't think it will go on a lil saw.

16" with replaceable tip too.

And #3.......like a dog licking his balls.......

#2.....unless you use a larger sprocket ......which is possible with a 16" bar on a ported Oh-Nine-Oh.....

I doubt that Husky would sell a product, one designed for an authorized dealer, and then one for a big box store.

But, I've heard the same thing about John Deere products. I've been told never to buy a John Deere product from a box store.

I suppose one way to actually find out, would be to call the manufacturer. I never went to the time or trouble, cause I don't own a John Deere or a Husky.
I did have a John Deere mower from Lowes and took it to the local JD dealer and yes there are different lines available. I had several breakdowns with the Lowes tractor and the hydrostat was a sealed unit that could not be serviced. A replacement hydro would cost over half of the tractors worth. My present tractor, an X304 came from a JD dealer and that model could not be purchased from Lowes.--Ray

I did have a John Deere mower from Lowes and took it to the local JD dealer and yes there are different lines available. I had several breakdowns with the Lowes tractor and the hydrostat was a sealed unit that could not be serviced. A replacement hydro would cost over half of the tractors worth. My present tractor, an X304 came from a JD dealer and that model could not be purchased from Lowes.--Ray
But I think that was a whole line. Sabre? Made by MTD I think.

Can't believe it every time I look in here,,, ^&*$ it I'm goin to Lowe's.

Latest posts

Back